“Quiet little Hideaway!”
Review of Sea Isle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anna Maria
Sea Isle Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anna Maria
Orlando, Florida
“Quiet little Hideaway!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Sea Isle Motel is small, quaint and well kept. They have a screened-in pool area, as well. They have two, three and four bed suites. Outside the pool area is a small area with lawn chairs for relaxing and reading. I love it because it is located in a residential neighborhood, so it is quiet, and the best part; you can walk across the street to a small beach area so you can watch the sunrise! There is a restaurant close by out on a pier and the motel is also close to picnic areas and more restaurants and shopping.
I think it is reasonably priced. Each suite has a kitchenette also. So cool! And so nice and quiet - away from the hustle and bustle. Anna Maria is an awesome place to go to get away from the city. :))

Room Tip: All rooms are great. I think they all face the pool. Again - they are all very well kept and clean...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Icareaboutyou1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toms River
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Four of us stayed here for three nights in September. My wife and I were in Unit #4 while my mother in law and her cousin from Germany had #5. In total there are six units here. While it is a little dated and not too fancy, I feel it is an excellent value compared with the price of some of the other resorts on the island. The units have sliding glass doors which open up onto the deck of the rather large pool. The pool is screened in. The sliding doors in units 1,4, 5, & 6 open up onto this screened in area. This allows you to go in and out of the room without worrying about letting in the flying critters. Unit 2 and three do not open onto the screened in area. Each unit has another door opening to the outside. Our unit had a flat screen tv on the wall. My mother in laws room had a bulkier older model which worked just fine. Our unit had a queen sized bed as well as a small double bed next to it. Our queen sized bed was a little on the soft side. I prefer a firmer bed, but I know that there are some out there that like a soft bed. The double bed looked to be in need of a new mattress. It sagged in the middle. There was no tub in our unit, but the shower was of a good size. There was an ample amount of hot water. There is a good sized wooden picnic table located right outside of unit #4 that we used for our breakfast each day. There were a couple of gas grills. They had at the time of our stay 5 beach cruiser style single speed bikes. They were fine for short trips to locations in the Anna Maria area. I do not think I would trust them for longer trips such as a bike ride to the Robinson Preserve. One had a lot of wobble in the rear wheel. On one you could not adjust the height of the seat. The fact that they did have bikes at all though was a perk as far as I was concerned. There are very few places on the island that offer complimentary use of bikes. The owner even added a little air to the tires of one of the bikes when I pointed out to him that they were a little low on air.
This establishment is located at the quiet northern end of the island. It is a very short walk to the bay beach with all it has to offer. If you walk north down the street you will get to the path that leads out to Bean Pt. This is a beautiful area with a lot less people on the beach then you will find at other spots on the island. You can walk to the Rod & Reel pier for a meal. You are close to the stores on Pine Street. I would like to return for an extended stay and bring my kayak next time. There are some launch sites within walking distance of the motel. In conclusion if you prefer a clean room that is not super fancy but at a reasonable price in an excellent location with a lot of nice amenities this may be the place for you. It was for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where the sliding doors open up onto the screened in pool area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank sheltercove
FLORIDA
Reviewed 1 September 2011

With a really great location in walking distance to the pier or beach and really nice/clean pool. Free Bikes and fiendly owners, with great rates and very clean rooms. What more can you ask! Don't forget to visit Skinny's in Holmes Beach (Little bar with the best burgers on the island). Just a quiet place like a vacation should be! : )

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank FloridaTyson7
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I came to Florida for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Sea Isle with another friend. The only experiences I have in staying at motels/hotels are the typical multistory, hundreds of rooms hotel. Well, Anna Maria does not have any of those so I did not know what to expect from a small bungalow or cabin. Initially, I did not even know if it would be just me, or if my friend would be staying as well. Marcia was so great about holding me a room that would accommodate 2 if necessary.
The room had everything we needed as far as kitchen supplies - coffee maker and filters, pots and pans, dishes, wine opener, common spices and sugar etc. The only thing I did not see was an iron and board. I asked Marcia about it and she brought me one. The room had a full bed, a twin bed and a couch. It also had a table and 4 chairs, a couple of dressers, refrigerator, stove, TV. Everything we needed was provided.
The best thing about Sea Isle, besides the friendliness of Marcia and her husband, is the pool and patio. If you want to swim, there is a pool. If you want to grill out, there are multiple grills. It is shady and quiet, and I spent many hours there in the early morning as well in the evening visiting with friends. Also, there were several bikes available to ride. It is a short walk to the Rod-n-Reel and they have terrific grouper. It is also a short walk to the water, but we usually went south towards Holmes beach just because we had other friends staying there. There is a trolley/bus that runs the length of the island if you have no car but it is a bit of a walk to the nearest trolley stop.
We had one friend who rented a place on Holmes beach and it was very cute and stylish. Looked like a Pottery Barn add. But it cost THREE times as much, it was not at all private, and all it had in the kitchen was a small refrigerator and a coffee pot. For the price, you can't beat Sea Isle. My friends and I have planned to go back next year, and I hope we all stay at the Sea Isle.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank aa_gibson
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Just stayed here for 3 nights. Accommodations were dated but clean. The pool was nice and warm. There are bikes to use which saved us a little money since we didn't have to rent them. The location is good, very near the beach, park, fishing and the downtown area. They even have clothes lines to hang out wet swimsuits. My only complaint is that the mattresses really need to be changed. Very lumpy and soft. I would stay here again though. For the price it is an awesome deal and the owners are very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank pacomolly
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We where received with kindess and in a really friendly manner by the owners Marcy and Dave,I quiet place intimate pool and close to the beach!! Un endroit accueillant et calme tranquille pour se reposer.Une piscine intime dans un quartier très tranquille et très peu touristique. J'y retournerais volontier.Des hôtes très prévenant et intentionnés.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billy1759
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was hesitant to book here before our extended weekend to Anna Maria Island because there was only 1 review on TripAdvisor and no other reviews anywhere else. The price however was way too good to pass up.

The layout consists of 4 buildings with about 6 rooms, all surrounding the screened in pool. Each room has an assigned parking spot. The manager lives on site and was very friendly. She gave us some great recommendations on local things to do and eat.

Our room (#2) was great and quite large. There is a separate kitchen, bedroom, one bathroom, and a pull out couch. The bookshelves were stocked with books and board games which I thought was a nice touch. The queen bed wasn't the greatest of all, but we never sleep well in hotels as my wife and I sleep on a king size at home. We always bring our own pillows too so I can't comment on theirs. The only other complaint (and a very minor one) is that the water pressure in the shower was very low so it took longer to get wet. There is no maid service to turn down the bed or change linens/towels, so if you're staying long enough to need it, you'll need to take them to the manager on your own. This was disclosed to us beforehand and wasn't an issue at all.

The best part of this motel is how quiet it is! There is absolutely no road noise at all even being the room alongside the road. there isn't much traffic at the north end of the island as it's mostly vacation rentals. It was within walking distance to the Rod 'n Reel pier and the most beautiful beach I've ever visited in Florida (and I live here). Take the road that the motel lies on North until you reach the T-intersection. There is a path through a small forest and a wooden walking bridge that opens out onto a beach at the tip of the island. It was spectacular! Sea Isle also has free bikes to use to get around (however they are all in some state of disrepair or flattened tires but we didn't care!)

I would definitely stay here again and you should too!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#5 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to Sea Isle Motel? Share your experiences!