“Never read reviews before you go somewhere.”
Review of Dips Ice Cream

Dips Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Anna Maria
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ice cream and Candy shop
Winter Park, Florida
“Never read reviews before you go somewhere.”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I am not often of the habit of reading others reviews before traveling. I'm glad don't, especially after reading some of the experiences presented here. I liked Dips. I wanted ice cream, and they have ice cream. It was a win-win situation. The fellow at the register was friendly and engaging. Not the ogre presneted here who frightens little kids and is abrupt and unfrieindly.

I was admiring the collection of baseball cards on the walls, and said to him, "Well, I guess you didn't go to Catholic school, you still have all your baseball cards. " For the next five or more minutes we talked about Duke Snider, The Brooklyn Dogers (even though I'm a die hard Red Sox fan) and baseball in general. He kept serving other customers and we kept talking.

The ice cream was good, too. I had Moose Tracks.

So like my Mother used to say, "Don't belileve everything you hear." Go see for youself.

• Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

We unfortunately didn't read any of the reviews before going to Dips. The place was dead when we walked in. We were greated, well more like confronted not to touch anything by an older man. From the review here, it sounds like the same rude man that others encountered. The ice cream was very overpriced and the kids felt insulted by the service. I cannot recommend this place. We did try Two Scoups a few blocks away where the staff was very warm and helpful. The two Scoups ice cream was great and prices very affordable. Consider Two Scoups before dipping into Dips.

1 Thank Matt M
Smalltown, WI
“Good Yummy Ice Cream!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Walking distance to our stay, great ice cream and vintage candy too! Very friendly young man behind the counter that was good with kids!

Visited April 2012
Connecticut
“Great Little Ice Cream Shop”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We really loved this little ice cream shop with its cute retro-themed candy store feel. We returned several times over the course of our stay on Anna Maria and had GREAT ice cream every time. Can't wait to go back when we return next year.

Visited April 2012
Alamosa, Colorado
“We visit at least 4 times a vacation”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

one of our favorite places to visit, we are here at least 4 times for the best ice cream....

Visited June 2011