“Outstanding Italian!”

Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Description: Gourmet Take-out Lunch and Dinner Italian Bakery, Deli, Italian Market, Pizzeria and Catering for all accasion
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We ordered a pizza and baked ziti to go on our last night on AMI - what an amazing place!! The food was so good and reasonably priced. There isn't any delivery and the make everything from scratch so plan accordingly. So good!!

There are newer reviews for Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stopped by Vinny and Cheryl's first to pick up a menu and before entering thought that the venue was a sit down restaurant. There are tables outside with umbrellas but there is no inside seating. It is more of an Italian deli/pizza shop inside but my, my- yummy food.

We ordered a whole Italian specialty sub which was huge as a whole sub is literally a WHOLE loaf of bread! Also ordered a chicken panini which was delicious and also HUGE! The bread is all homemade in the shop and you can tell. Best stuff ever! The sub actually ended up feeding four of us and the panini three!

There was luscious apple strudel in the case which I'm sure was amazing but we tried an Italian pastry, Stogiatelle. It was a light pastry filled with ricotta cheese and orange and sprinkled with powered sugar.

The menu also reflects that you can purchase traditional Italian dishes such as Lasagna, Manicotti etc. We saw and caught the aroma of a pizza going out to another customer and if we had stayed another day or two certainly would have gone back for a pizza!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We ordered from them twice, and understood it was take out and that we needed to call several hours ahead. Some of our favorites were the rigatoni bolognese, eggplant rollatini, cheese ravioli, and chicken Parmesan. We tried the pizza on our second and about 1/2 the family really likes it and 1/2 didn't care for it. They also have traditional Italian desserts and breads. We tried some of each and really enjoyed them. Thanks!

1  Thank KKWalter
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Loved the food, but you need to order in due time - as it can take a couple of hours. We orders the meat lasagne for a family visit, got it on agreed time too. Plenty of food, tasting well!

1  Thank Niklas Å
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Okay I am from the Northeast so I am use to NYC, NJ, & Phila Italian food - Lots of flavor, chewy or crisp crust, thick tomato sauce, garlic,garlic, more garlic, cheese with flavor and large portions. The only one they got was large portions. The food lacked flavor plain and simple it was not seasoned properly! The dough for the pizza was unlike any dough I have tasted - it was more like bread dough than a pizza crust. If you want a pasta night go to the public and buy the ingredients and make it yourself.

4  Thank Vacaadventures
ChefVincenzo, Owner at Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Okay I'm from the northeast New Jersey also with over 50 years of experience as a TOP Executive Chef, I have ben cooking with my family since I was 5 years old and my Family as ben in the FOOD business for 3 generation our reputation as fallow us in all part of the world. I'm sorry you fell this way if you wanted GARLIC, GARLIC, AND MORE GARLIC you shod have said so!!! But you have decide to INSULT not only my integrity as a Chef but also my mother and grandmother and my family!!! This is the way my family as ben making pizza for many years, also MY PIZZA is made with double 00 ITALIAN flour, extra virgin ORGANIC olive oil from Italy, Mediterranean sea salt, Italian plum tomato, fresh GARLIC, fresh Basil, spices and fresh Mozzarella the best ingredients you can possibly make a pizza with, I guess you like to eat the kind of pizza that the sauce comes out of a can and a crust come out of the freezer and extra spices and garlic powder to make it taste better. well next time your are in the Island please! go to the chain pizzeria those may be better for you!
Chef Vincenzo