“Great Donuts”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Anna Maria
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to The Donut Experiment, where every donut is your creation! We start with a delicious, fresh-made cake donut and then you pick from our huge selection of icings and toppings. Yours can be as simple as plain or glazed or as crazy as key lime, maple bacon or Sriracha. Stop by today and begin your own experiment. We also serve premium, local roasted coffee and espresso drinks.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family visited Anna Maria Island in May 2013. We visited Anna Maria Donuts one of the mornings. Their donuts are fantastic. We loved how they were so fresh. My kids especially loved being able to customize their toppings. I know some reviewers are disappointed that they only offer plain cake donuts and choice of frostings/toppings, but we all loved it. The cake donuts are cooked perfectly, and all the toppings were great and very fresh.

The staff was incredibly friendly and paid quite a bit of attention to my kids. The shop was very busy, but the staff was so friendly and helpful. There were 2 other families in the shop at the time and they afforded them the same hospitality.

If you are vacationing on AMI, you have to stop at Anna Maria Donuts. We will definitely be back the next time we're on the island.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

good and they made them fresh but nothing crazy over the top or exciting. I liked my donut and that we could pick but I feel like there wasn't a huge selection and you could only choose one item. I feel if you are going to do a novelty business go big or don't do it.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We love this place! We were here last year and loved it then too. The donuts are hot and exactly how you order them. The service is quick, not overly friendly though. I'm sure we will be back again before the week is over!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very good donuts but the process you must go through to place your order is a bit arduous. The wait isn't fun either! The bacon donut was delicious though. Kids enjoyed very much.

1  Thank clearlyclardy
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Donuts are amazing but for me I prefer the raised type and I prefer a donut with some icing---
They barely brush the surface in frosting, also you must fill out a form and check off what you want for just one donut. I asked for extra frosting the 2nd time,,but then it was drenched. If you like plain donuts these seem fresh and if you are on vacation...give it a try but probably once is enough. They are $1.35 and for me I prefer publix or krispy kreme fresh from the fryer and cheaper. I would probably not go back again! They staff brings your doughnut to you and you give them your name like at Starbucks but the man who puts on the toppings is hardly friendly and the general vibe is just...ok! I would probably pass and go somewhere else.

2  Thank pajamagirlnomad