“A great beachfront with good food”
Review of Sandbar Restaurant

Sandbar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Matamoras, Pennsylvania
“A great beachfront with good food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A return trip to the Sandbar, and it's hard to imagine a better view at any restaurant on AMI. We had a great lunch just under the covered deck looking out on the beach and the gulf. Service was very good and the food was good also. Won't hesitate to go back next time we visit.

Masachusetts
“Nice location”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate dinner here one night on our vacation. It has valet parking if you choose to drive here although it is a bit confusing. The girl who was at the hostess table was not very friendly and somewhat annoyed at how busy it was. We had a short wait as we decided to eat inside (outside seating was over an hour wait). The menu selection is good but it is pricey. The friendliness of our server made up for the unfriendliness of the hostess. We would eat here again.

Harrogate
“Great food in a perfect location”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stumbled across this place while exploring Anna Maria Island. Had a lovely lunch with fresh seafood while sitting with our feet in the sand! We had clams and calamari to start followed by grouper sandwiches. The food and service were very good. Enjoyed it so much we returned later in the week. Unfortunately food and service not quite so good second time around. Would recommend for a nice lunchtime snack and the views are excellent

• Visited November 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Great seafood but over priced”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We originally planned on dinner somewhere else but that had closed down so as we drove past I remembered the place so thought we'd give it a go. It's been years since I'd been to Sandbar, I think the last time was for French fries whilst on the beach.

We had a sharing started of baked Oysters, which was lovely and I was pleasantly surprised how tasty they were. Then we both ordered seafood from the specials menu. Both of us chose fish we'd never had and both of us were really pleased with our choses. The thing that let the meal down was the side orders and the general presentation. I have no idea what the bolognaise style side was and I am not sure it went with my grouper.

The restaurant was cold - something I expect in Florida (us Brits are all used to aircon).

In general I liked the food but wouldn't rave on about it to friends and I am not 100% sure I would recommend it. I felt it was over priced for what we got. $75 for the meal seemed a lot of money when we only had starter (shared) and two mains. I think Sandbar is playing on the location and lacking the wow factor in the food that the location offers.

Tampa, Florida
“Great Restaurant, even better View”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The grouper was fabulous and my husband's fried seafood platter was excellent. Didn't think you could eat better fried fish? Then you need to try this! The fruity drinks are great but a Corona goes just fine while you sit in the shade looking at the pristine beach in front of you while having a great meal. Highly recommend!

• Visited March 2014