“Outstanding experience”

Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Use your GPS to locate, Valet park your car, then kick back, relax and enjoy a wonderful dining experience.
Sit in the restaurant, @ the bar, outside on the patio or on the sand.
Very diverse menu of mainly local food with some items we had not tried.
Ask for Ashley! She is knowledgeable, pleasant, and knows how to pace an eating experience that you will not forget.
Fair prices, large portions, beautiful view of the gulf and direct access to the beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,106)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

had a couple of meals here, chowder, house salad and steak all excellent. Loved watching the sun set.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stopped in here after walking around AMI. I read the reviews before we left to come here so felt pretty confident having dinner here. We ordered a drink that was served in a small bucket-really cool but mostly ice. We looked around and noticed everyone had bread and butter. I asked the waitress if we could also have some and she was like "oh you want bread and butter?" I didn't realize we had to ask for it. Next came dinner. I got a Greek salad that looked amazing but noticed a fly in it. I motioned for the runner to come back over. Not once did anyone say sorry about that. Not that it was their fault but I have been a waitress and that could have been the very minimal thing to say!! She came back quickly with a less appealing salad but I guess I should be grateful knowing it was a new one. After the kids were done eating she asked if anyone wanted dessert. She never mentioned that the kids menu included a dessert....again I had to ask. It's a shame that one waitress can ruin your whole experience. The food overall was good but I felt like we were such a HUGE inconvenience to this waitress!!

1  Thank Beth D
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My boyfriend and I took our kayaks out and went kayaking on Ana Maria and then took a beach stroll all the way onto the other side of the island at sunset. We got to Sandbar and rather than waiting for a table on the beach we opted to sit inside at the bar - much to our surprise and luck the owner came in and sat next to us at the end of the bar. The food was amazing and the whole meal was quiet an experience. We ended up having our own little wine tasting an all around great time and discovered our favorite wine. Both the red and white Lola are amazing. After we opted for an evening swim - it was just a beautiful night and the hospitality of everyone was just wonderful. Excited to get back in a few weeks.

1  Thank SugarBritches0912
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Sandbar is one of my favorites any time of the year. Their food is excellent...fresh from the Gulf waters just steps away from your table.

Not only is the food great, the wait staff friendly, the sunset views exceptional, but the owners are excellent businessmen and actively support (give back) to their community. Great team!!

1  Thank happygirlGA