“I love this place!”

Sunrise Garden Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Anna Maria
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was my second time staying at the Sunrise Garden resort and I keep looking at my pictures and thinking about my next trip back. The location is central, the rooms are a great size, and the staff is friendly. I must say the pool is my favorite part. Large and picturesque. The landscaping feels tropical and there is plenty of seating in the pool area.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to visit AMI or any of the beaches in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alyse C
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Garden Resort

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I just returned from a quick trip to Anna Maria Island. I can't say enough good things about this resort. The landscaping and the decor make you feel like you're staying at a tropical oasis, and the rooms are clean and well-stocked. It is walking distance to both Gulf Drive and the bay side of the island. Each condo has a private patio -- perfect for enjoying breakfast or a glass of wine outside. We plan to return again!

Room Tip: We stayed in #10. It was directly across from the pool, in the middle of the resort. It was a perfec...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vabeach14
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is my second time visiting Anna Maria Island and staying at Sunrise Garden. I couldn't think of staying at a different resort. The rooms are secluded to where you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. I stayed two nights with a few friends and we had a great time. The staff was very nice and the resort was kept in great condition. Though the beaches at AMI are some of the best in Florida (I have the sunburn to prove it!) the pool at Sunrise Garden is great, it is like the centerpiece to the resort. The location of Sunrise Garden is central to everything AMI has to offer from the beaches, to the pier, the restaurants, and shops.
I try to visit Anna Maria Island annually around the end of August and I will always stay at Sunrise Garden Resort.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the best room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlie J
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We spent our third vacation here this past weekend, and there's a reason we keep coming back! Clean, well-stocked rooms close to the beach and nice places to eat. The pool is clean and tucked away among some trees so there's lots of privacy. We love this quaint little resort and plan on coming back again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I actually think this location rated a 3 1/2 but since that isn't an option, it received 4! This is a sweet little "Old Florida" resort that is close to the Anna Maria City Pier. Cathryn, the front office manager was very pleasant when I called and gave us a great last minute deal. We have a family of four, and the two bedrooms were unavailable so we took a one bedroom. It was exactly as described and pleasant enough. It had one bedroom and then a pull out couch, small kitchen and decent sized bathroom. We stayed two nights. For longer than that I would not recommend it for more than two people as we were in each others' way, but for just two nights it was fine. The pool area and gardens are really lovely and tucked away so that when driving, if you didn't know it was there you would miss it. We walked to several places on the Bay and, while we didn't walk to the beach, it would have been an easy trek. Each bungalow has its own patio, there was wifi and two very nice TVs, ample towels, dishwashing liquid and free use of the washer and dryer with complimentary laundry detergent. They had an early check out but offered the use of the pool, and a bathroom to change clothes if your next destination wasn't ready. NO ONE does this so we were able to stay by the pool and have a great time until our larger condo was ready. They also have a small business center with the free use of a computer.

While this may not be considered luxurious, it was very nice, and if just two people were travelling it would be perfect. It is very romantic and a quiet, tucked away little piece of Anna Maria.

Room Tip: Ask Cathryn what would be best for your specific needs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Canfieldgirl
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was so perfect I still can't believe it! Think about the perfect vacation with your family. We had it! The resort was clean and comfortable, close to nice restaurants, and the Pier. Nice pool and very very very quiet. If you are looking for a party vacation I wouldn't suggest it but if you want to relax and be merry with your family is the PERFECT spot.

I was worried about a couple of grills right by my bedroom on the property but at night is so quiet you don't even hear a fly flying :)

Cathryn was so helpful, if you needed anything at any time you just left a VM and she would call you back or text you in a heartbeat. Guest service 10! Thank you for being part of my memories forEVER!

Room Tip: I would choose a high floor just because I prefer not to have kids walking on top of my head but ove...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lawifey
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Three sisters recently returned from Anna Maria Island and we stayed 3 nights at the Sunrise Garden Resort...our room was great, loved all the plants around, and loved the pool....also we were close to several good restaurants in walking distance as well as lots of shopping....we three Georgia sisters would recommend Sunrise Gardens to anyone wanting a wonderful vacation....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
#5 of 16 in Holmes Beach
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#2 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Sunrise Garden Resort? Share your experiences!