“Lovely return visit”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anna Maria
Belmont, MA
“Lovely return visit”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We've stayed at Sunrise Garden a number of times over the years. Going to Anna Maria Island is a little like time travel. You leave the strip malls and cross over the causeway and there you are in a little piece of paradise. Although the staff is available and always helpful and friendly, they are not in your face. Privacy is easy to come by. The kitchen, the pool, the extra swim towels, the laundry facilities, the wifi, the BBQ, the walk to beach both east and west..."What's not to love?" is right! Oh!! And if there is no vacancy, go to their other place farther south on the island, Palm Villas. It is every bit as lovely and gives you a different view of the island. We'll be back.

1 Thank kboardman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The staff made us feel special from the moment we arrived until we checked out. We had a small issue with our AC unit within our 1st hour there, so the staff quickly sent some one to check it out and he offered us another room without a second thought.
The room we stayed in (#11) was clean and had everything we needed for the week. We both eat gluten free and being able to cook our own meals when on vacation is important and the full kitchen in the room was perfect.
The pool was great as the weather was extremely HOT! The staff even brought us ice cold water bottles while we lounged by the pool. What service.
Location of the resort is close to the pier and we walked there several nights. We really enjoy that end of the island.
The only slightly frustrating part was, because the cell service on that end of the island is not great (not their fault), we had to rely on wifi for keeping in touch with family, but the wifi service here was not very strong. Putting additional routers in some of the units that are further from the office may help.
This did not affect our stay at all, and we would absolutely recommend this place to anyone and stay here again. Thanks for making this a great week.

1 Thank STidlund
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this place August 20th-21st (wed-thurs) and was simply amazed how cozy our room was and how generous the hostess was. My experience how great they were first began on the very first call. I originally tried staying at the palmtree resort Which was owned by the sunrise garden as well and the phone service was great. I was very indecisive but the lady on the phone who worked for Palmtree had sooooo much patience with me I was so greatful she even emailed me pictures of the room I would be staying in. After booking a few weeks later the day of arrival I was told check in time was at 3pm, but I explained to them how I wanted to check in early so I can go to the beach early they said someone was currently in my room and would be checking out at 11am. But since they wanted to see a happy customer I was upgraded to a room that was not occupied at all which was great!!! I went from a studio style room to a one bedroom with living room!!! Thank you so much for the hospitality and the amenities were great all the way down to the spotless pool. Next time I go to AMI I will try to stay at the palmtree resort but if that is booked I have absolutely no problems staying at the sunrise garden resort once again it was amazing!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ricank9
Aura Colorado
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Sunrise was the perfect spot for my girlfriend and I to get away from everything. This resort is tropical and relaxing. The staff is always ready to help and offer suggestions on activities and local eateries. The location is perfect because we like to walk everywhere and take in all of the scenery. We will be planning a future visit to sunrise garden resort very soon. Thank you for making our stay so memorable!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmw1983
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We recently had a fabulous 4 day stay at Sunrise Garden! What is not to love!!! Private patio, relaxing pool, grills, beautiful flowers and shrubs. AND walking distance to both beaches east and west! Sunrise to the east was good and made every morning. Our hosts were outstanding with hospitality and room accommodations. They truly make you feel at home. It is definitely on my return list! Thanks Sunrise Garden!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ZEPHYRHILLS
Reviewed 10 August 2014

!!We just returned home from a week away at the Sunrise Garden Resort on Anna Maria Island. We stayed in a comfy 1-bedroom unit with a full kitchen and private patio. Since they also allow pets, we brought our little dog, Gracie, so that saved us money as well!! Plus, we always miss her when we go away. And, Gracie just loved her walks with us along the wooden walk way by the bay....sniffing the air and greeting everyone who walked by!! Sunrise Garden Resort is within walking distance to everything, including the Waterfront Restaurant, the City Pier Restaurant, the Sandbar Restaurant, Harry's Grill, Ginny & Jane E's and Two Scoops ice cream shop. The free trolley also stops nearby. We used our car only 1 time in a week, to drive to Sarasota to eat at Yoder's Amish Restaurant. The units are comfortably furnished and clean. The pool and deck area make you feel like you are in Hawaii or Bali !! The office staff are very kind and helpful too. We will definitely be back......soon!!!

Room Tip: our downstairs end unit, #4, was quiet and had a private fenced patio.
louisville,KY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the resort July 23rd thru 28th, and had one of the most enjoyable vacations we've ever had. That is saying something because my adult son is confined to a heavy power wheelchair, and travel in general can be a real hassle.
I will say we looked for weeks for an accessible place to stay as we really wanted a house, maybe one right on the beach, but we had no success. Most had a least a small step to get in, were already booked, or we could get no reply when requesting info. Sunrise Garden Resort was really perfect for us, and we're really glad we found it. We felt like we had plenty of privacy.
So my first contact with the resort was when I called and asked about accessibility, Amanda put me on hold and ran out and checked that Unit 1 would work for us. It is a king bedroom, full bath, and large living area with a bar that separates the full kitchen.
My two adult daughters shared the king bedroom. There was plenty of room in the living area for a roll away bed that I rented for my son ($45 for the whole week) and an electric hoyer lift I rented as well,($145 delivered from Davidson Drugs (941) 365-7378) to be able to get him in and out of the bed and wheelchair. I slept on the sofa, and was very comfortable. It folds out to sleep two, but I didn't pull it out as it was roomy and comfortable for me as it was.

The location of the resort is really great, less than a block from the bay side, and a 3 block walk to the beach. We didn't need to drive anywhere really, other than the Publix grocery that was awesome, by the way.
I loved that the Waterfront Restaurant, Two Scoops ice cream, and some other shops were almost adjacent to the resort. All of that was easily accessible for the wheelchair too. City Pier was especially nice to walk. We saw a large group of manta one afternoon, and beautiful sunsets.
Again, the girls that manage and work at the resort were just amazing with any questions, even my accessibility questions, which I'm sure were not the usual. There are even a couple of boat tours that offer accessible pontoon boats. We didn't get to do one only because we hadn't thought about it in advance, and they were all booked. So go ahead and ask some questions about activities when you book your stay, and be sure to get those activities booked before you get there.
Any question I asked was either answered immediately or they would say "let me make a few calls and find out." For instance, the roll away I didn't think to ask for until 4:55, right before the rental place closed. I'm not sure how they did it, but it arrived less than 20 minutes later.
Anna Maria Island is a very different place, a different time almost. It seemed like no matter the need we had, everyone really wanted the answer to be yes, and everything was just worked out. Another example of that...we ran to the Publix the first evening to get food for breakfast. We got there at 9:20, and even though they closed at 9, they were still welcoming people in. I must have seemed a little hurried when I got in. One of the workers asked if she could help me find anything and then said take your time, we are here for a while stocking and cleaning up, no hurry. Island life is genuinely a little different! Truly the first experience like that I have had, and the first vacation I have taken where I really wasn't "ready to go home and sleep in my own bed." This resort and the island were like home, only better.

also check out Island Haus Coffee, very good coffee and cute little shop. Love the Beach House Restaurant too. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the island is that the water tasted dirty or maybe sandy? to us. No worries, just drink rum! Actually we just bought plenty of spring water at the grocery. Good idea to have bottles on you while walking or being out in the heat anyway.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good, though I only saw my own in person. The website pictures seem to be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#5 of 15 in Holmes Beach
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Sunrise Garden Resort? Share your experiences!