“Great one-night stay”

Anna Maria Beach Cottages
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great one-night stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We recently stayed at Anna Maria Beach Cottages and loved our stay. The island is very quite and at times, it seemed like we were the only people at the beach. Our cottage was lovely and was very clean and the decorations were so cute! Our cottage looked as perfect as the photos that are posted on the website! The pool area was lovely and there was comfortable seating on the pool deck. There is also a laundry facility on the property.

Beach chairs and umbrellas were provided along with access to bicycles. We rode the bikes around the island and found two piers and several shops near by. There was also a great restaurant within walking distance.

The cottages are not directly on the beach but they are a few steps from the beach access area. The neighborhood surrounding the cottages was beautiful and seems to be a very clean and safe area.

I cannot wait until we visit Anna Maria Island again and we will defiantly stay at the cottages again when we return!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vls2i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This is my second stay at AMBC and I absolutely enjoyed it! AGAIN! I almost hate to say how much I love the island and the cottages because I want to keep it a secret. It is one of my favorite places to go to relax. I rarely go back to the same place twice but this is the exception.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SeasideWonderer
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 28 June 2011

It was a coincident that we found Anna-Maria Beach Cottages at the internet. We were 9 people travelling together, parents, and 3 grown up children with friends/husband cellebrating Easter in Florida. We had booked for 2 weeks, one condo and one townhouse in Windsor Hills, Kissimmee, and wanted to take a trip to the Gulf-Coast. At first we just thought of a day-trip, but then we found this place that looked so nice. At the time we wanted to stay, they only had one night vacant. But that was marvellous!! Just to reach the Island after two hours drive, and feel the relaxed atmosphere. And all the beautiful houses in a lot of different light colors;-). It was so nice to find our cottage, wich was yellow outside, and so delicious inside, with white walls and details in bright, beach-colors. We borrowed beach-umbrellas and chairs and found the most beautiful, sandy beach, just 2 minutes walk away. A lot of space for everyone!! In the evening we used the bicycles (for free) and took a trip up north on the Island, before we barbequed on the terrace, and enjoyed the warm night and smells from the flowers in the garden. So nice people at the office, both before we came, and during our short stay. Deffinatly we will come back. We often talk about it, well back in Norway again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Innsiden
denver, N.C.
Reviewed 21 June 2011

No high rises , not much traffic. Wonderful stores. 5 star restraunts reasonable priced. It's like being in a story from a book like Distant Shores. You can see blue waters forever. It is very peaceful I would say for adults that just want to lay back read a book . Or for honeymooners of all ages. Very nice and relaxing.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank memorymaker61
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I have used Trip Advisor for years and it is finally pay back so here is my first review! A friend had stayed at Anna Maria Beach Cottages for years and had glowing reviews, but I still looked at 30 other properties before settling on Anna Maria Beach Cottages. I had to make sure it was the perfect place. So glad we did! The cottage was so quaint with a pretty beach feel. It was very clean and had everything we needed including plenty of paper products, cookware, small appliances, and dishes. We had plenty of towels although do bring your own beach towels as this is one of the few things they don't provide. So many details were covered like drying rack for your wet beach towels, glass and plastic wine glasses, and a great cable tv selection...we didn't miss any baseball games since they had the MLB station! Another standout were the amenities...a great pool with lots of seating, bicycles, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and more beach toys then I can list! Other pluses were the attentive, but un obtrusive staff, location close to lots of great restaurants (The Sandbar and Ginny and Jane E's), and the beautiful beach just steps away from our cottage. There are very few places I have visited that I was so anamored with that I wanted to return, but I am already looking at my calendar!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NCRedhead105
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We just wanted everyone to know that recently we stayed at Anna Maria Beach Cottages for a simple get-a-way and there are not enough words or adjectives to describe the wonder and amazement we both experienced. It is everything you would think a vacation at the beach should be. There was no traffic anywhere. We just walked over the quaint little bridge, over the mangrove and on to the some of the whitest sandy beaches we have ever seen. The pure peace and serenity will honestly bring you to an actual Chi-moment. As for the staff, Amanda and her co-workers could not have been more enchanting even if they were reading from a script. Not one thing was a problem with them. Help and service just seem to come so naturally. How blessed we were to have been introduced to an honest oasis on the Florida coast. We already booked plans to return to paradise. Thanks to Anna Maria Beach Cottages again! You really need to come and drink this place for yourself, so that you can feel the real magic of this place!
Kayla and Isaac

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank buytheroom
United States
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Just left the cottages and it was great as always. I had to visit Anna Maria for business this time so did not get to spend too much time in my cottage but have to say they have done some remodeling and the place looks great. I read some previous reviews and have to disagree with one because everything I needed was there for me when I needed towels and soap the man working in the office gave me extras (I did have to ask which I did not mind) and he even printed my boarding pass for me.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
#4 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#6 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to Anna Maria Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!