Bungalow Beach Resort
US$206
US$447
Autograph
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool housefire pitold floridawood floorsdirty towelsget awayprivate poolcovered porchromantic getawayfew stepsback porchlounge chairswatch the sunsetsmall kitchenocean viewthe cottagesgulf of mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We just got back from staying at the Bungalow Beach Resort on Anna Maria Island. This is the place to stay if you want peace and quiet. We felt the need to cancel our Cancun vacation due to the swine flu. We live in the Tampa Bay area so I was looking for a local get away for a couple of days to make up for the lost vacation. Well I found a little piece of paradise. We were very fortunate to find a bungalow on such short notice. I viewed the Resorts website and find it to be lovely but you just never know till you get there. WELL we were so pleasantly surprised that it looked just as it did on the website, even better. This is a place that makes you feel like you have gone back in time to Old Florida. I am a Floridian and I can tell you this type of place is hard to find anymore.

We stayed in room # 106 which was just right for us. Soon after arriving we headed to the beach and found the great loungers with umbrellas. The view was spectacular. One by one other guest come out for the sunset. We met so many nice people and enjoyed the time we all spent relaxing by the beach. The crow was mostly 35 and older which was perfect for us. We came with out the kids this time. There were a few people with smaller children . I am glad we came with out our boys only because it was so romantic. But we still missed them.

I read the guest book in the room and there were some girlfriend get aways,mother and daughters alone with some families but mostly couples remember previous time there or ones that had looked for a romantic get away and of course all of us found it. One of the couples we met love the place so much they have booked a room for the past 9 years.
We also made great friends with the resident cat. He was very friendly and at one point came in our bungalow for a visit.

The snorkeling was great and we found lots of shells. My husband was in the water one morning and did not come out for over a hour. Then I joined him and I think we stayed in another good hour. So much to see and the water was just the right temperature.

Since we live a hour away we brought all our own food so I can not comment about the local restaurants or night life. We just wanted to spend time with each other so we did not venture out.

The owner was a very friendly women who wanted to make sure we had a great time. I would suggest this to anyone that wants to see how Florida beach vacations use to be and looking for a very peaceful time.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

My husband and I came here for a little getaway and the resort was exactly what we were looking for. Very quiet and clean, great staff and great location. We could step off our private deck right onto the beach. The room was very charming and had everything we needed. I would highly recommend Bungalow Beach. My husband and I liked it so much we are planning on making it an annual trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I am almost reluctant to share what I great time I had on our vacation because one of the greatest things about Bungalow Beach is how quiet and secluded this little pice of paradise is. It is like having your own private little bungalow all decorated in spotless white, on the beach.

My husband and i stayed for four days last year and we are going back for an entire seven days this year. Our bungalow was situated right on the beach and we had a covered porch of our own and deck chairs in front if we wanted to use them. The only disadvantage was that the one day we didn't get up earl;y enough to "claim" the deck chairs, a couple of other guests ended up spending the entire day parked right between us and the beach but they were pleasant and we "reclaimed" the chairs the next day.

The sands were baby powder soft and white and the weather was perfect. The gulf waters were warm and calm and perfect for lazy swimming and snorkeling. My husband rented a sunfish sailboat for three days and we were allowed to keep in next to our bungalow so that he didn't have to go get it every day and no one bothered it.

The kitchen was small but large enough for us to have wonderful homecooked meals (we had steak, lobster and jumbo shrimp bought from the Publix down the road) every night. The bathroom, also small, had a jacuzzi tub that was great to soak in after a day in the sun. It was impossible to keep the sand out, but we borrowed a broom from the uber friendly staff and that helped a bit, but I would not change that in a million years for a hotel in which you were chased out every day so that housekeeping could do your room.

We didn't really eat out a lot so this year I need to figure out the good restaurants in town. I also don't know if there is a dance club or anything like that on the island, but we will check into that this year. What I do know is that lying in the big comfy queen sized bed looking out over the Gulf was heaven every morning and we can't wait to go back this year

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My husband and I stay at the Bungalow Beach Resort on a regular basis, sometimes just an alone get-a-way or with the children for several days or a week. This place is amazing. The rooms are spotless, the linens are always fresh and smell wonderful. This place is right on the beach. They have lounge chairs and umbrellas to lay out back and a pool if you don't want the salt water from the beach. Most of the rooms we stay in have a porch to relax in. I can't say enough about this place. Also, Gail, the owner is wonderful and friendly, just as the rest of the staff is. If you want a quiet, quaint restfull time, you must stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Great staying here right now! The owner and her staff have been very accommodating right down to the resident cat. The cottages are charming, clean, and pleasant.Centrally located to everything. The views of the beach,gulf, and sunsets are not ot be compared. "We shall return"

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends