“Charming staff and excellent wine list”
Review of Verandas Bistro - CLOSED

Verandas Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When walking through the door we were greeted with a welcoming smile and positive attitude. The wall was adorned with several wine spectator awards. If you dine here you have to get the oysters Verandas and some bread for the extra sauce... yum! The dinner specials were delicious as my husband had crab stuffed snapper and I the grilled mahi with a crawfish sauce. We will definitely be back again!!

There are newer reviews for Verandas Bistro

Reviewed 5 July 2013

First of all, the food was very good; however, I'm not sure what happened today. The service was the worst our group has ever had. Shortly after we were seated, we heard the manager tell other guests that they were having the worst case scenario. Okay, we said. We will cut them slack, just order a drink and relax for awhile while we patiently wait for our food. But then, it went from bad to worse. Every other table that was seated after us got their food first. After we pointed out that we hadn't received our food, or any refills, or even any attention, we were told that our order had not been printed out and given to the chef. The manager tried to make it right, but they still didn't get all of the orders right and there was more waiting. We hoped for the best and got the worst.

VerandasOwner, Owner at Verandas Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for dining at Verandas. The conversation you overheard with another patron was that the "perfect storm" had occured: July 4th week, rain at the Beach and we were one of only three restaurants open that day out of 21. i do apologize for the error on your order. As I recall your order was offered to you at 50 percent to correct the mistake before the order was turned into the kitchen. I remember everyone was very happy with that offer. I am happy that you enjoyed the food. Emmie your server was very apologetic; however you did reward her the way you felt you should $0 tip. The House also gave you 50 percent off wine and beverages.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Lunch with grouper. Pleasant service with an upstairs view of old town Apalachicola. Food was good with a nice selection of wine or beer. Didn't try dinner but was good for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I visited Verandas at least once a week when we were temporarily living in Mexico Beach. The food is amazing!! You must must start with the baked brie.

The wine selection is excellent. We have never been disapointed. We consider ourselves self proclaimed wine snob.

The service is top notch! We love everyone there... Chris is especially kind and a huge shout out to Chandler who kindly remembered us and made us feel like "regulars".

Zero complaints. Enjoy! This is a place where you can show up in beach casual attire or dress up and have the fine dining experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Oh my goodness....YOU MUST HAVE THEM! Sweet Potato Fries.....Freshly cut and salted with coarse sea salt...THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD! I am totally serious! DO NOT MISS!
Fried Green Tomatoes for appetizer....YUM!
We all enjoyed a nice, crisp Sauvignon Blanc from the very nice wine list!
The lunch meals were nothing amazing, but certainly didn't disappoint either! Fried Grouper Po Boy, Grilled Salmon lunch plate, and a Grilled Mahi Mahi sandwich all disappeared rather quickly!
SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!
Made for a very nice dining experience! Will visit again next time in Apalach!