“Wow, very delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Not sure what to think at first....Friendly and helpful staff, best lobster bisque I've ever had. Great alligator burger too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a fun place to get great seafood. It's nice to relax and enjoy the view of the bay as they have seating indoors, outdoors and on the covered deck. It is very family friendly as it's a more relaxed atmosphere (you place your order at the counter) and they offer a kids menu. However, the food is really good. We had the steamed oysters, peel & eat shrimp and the conch soup. Non-seafood items such as hamburgers are also on the menu.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Up The Creek was a casual on the river family dining experience in Apalachicola.
Great fresh raw oysters!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The food was good. View is amazing. The service sucks. The waitresses made us feel like we were an inconvenience to them. Unfortunate because they really do have the best oysters in town.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Of all the places we ate on our vacation, this was a favorite! A bit unusual, in that the atmosphere is laid back, but the food is not. The place is on the river front, and much of the seating is outdoor overlooking the brackish water. Upon arriving, you place your order at the counter, which is very fast-food feeling, but believe me, the food is fine. The menu is an amazing smorgasbord of seafood delights, and the drink menu is just divine.

I ordered a cup of delish lobster bisque and conch pancakes. My husband had his first even raw oysters (THAT was amusing to watch) and my son ordered a Gulf shrimp basket, fried. The hushpuppies were amazing. The 10 Gulf shrimp basket was almost $20, that was a surprise. Yikes. And he didn't even eat them all. My husband and I had to finish them off (so sad for us!). Everything we ordered was just amazing. We also sat and overlooked the river - and caught sight of alligator in the water!

It was just a beautiful place, and though it was very busy, we still managed to snag great seats.

I highly recommend!