“It is what it is”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clinton, Louisiana
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were on the bike headed to Port St. Joe. We were thirsty and hungry. We stopped, parked the bike and walked across the street. We always like hole in the wall places to eat, that's exactly what we found. The A/C was cold, the beer was cold, and the raw oysters were great. I would recommend this place.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Bypass a Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our group of 9 ate here and we were all disappointed. My grilled grouped sandwich was greasy and very fishy. The fries tasted as if they were from a frozen bag. The waitress seemed extremely rude initially, but did seem to warm up to us. Portions are very small and you drink sodas out of a can. I do not recommend at all.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Marcy K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood Ever!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place is honestly one of the coolest places. All the food is so incredibly fresh and delicious! The service is amazing and they make you feel at home. I would definetly eat here again and again!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Abby R
Cleveland TN
“Very Basic Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We saw good reviews about Hole in the Wall and with my love for oysters, we wanted to give it a try. I started with a dozen raw. They came to the table just a little cool and not really ice cold (how I like them) but were nice and salty. The sauce provided was just right. The oyster stew was very tasty with plenty of oysters (and a lot of onions). Not my favorite but I think it was really nice. I finished with the grilled grouper sandwich. The sandwich was really good. Would recommend it. My wife had the seafood casserole which appeared to be more of a seafood loaf heavy with breading. Don't think I would recommend this.
Hole in the Wall had a real laid back atmosphere which I enjoyed. The staff were very friendly and speedy. If you're looking for a real basic seafood restaurant, I would recommend this to you.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank cdn_01
Lockport,, United States
“Oysters!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

What a wonder place, if you like great food and a casual, homey atmosphere. We devoured our first dozen oysters so fast, we just had to get a second dozen. They were so very fresh with a subtle sweetness. The fish sandwiches were well prepared and very tasty. Besides the outstanding food was the wonderful waitress. She was quite a character and made the entire experience so much fun. At one point, she sat right down with us (briefly) and we so enjoyed her visit. We hope to get back there again soon.

Visited June 2014