“cannot get worse than this”

Tamara's Cafe Floridita
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch after reading reviews. There was no crowd, but it took forever to get waited on, even longer to get our food. The worst part was the food. My burrito was loaded with semi-cooked fatty pork that had a spoiled tasted. My wife's sandwich was tossed together without any care.

This was the worst part of a nice vacation. Won't ever be back to Tamara's.

2  Thank jwilson403
There are newer reviews for Tamara's Cafe Floridita

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were excited to try out this restaurant after reading the reviews. We went for lunch and hate to say, we were disappointed. My husband ordered a rare tuna sandwich and it was over cooked...well done. All the meals except for the club sandwich were extremely salty. If it hadn't been for the over cooked tuna and the very salty food, it would have been good. It is beautiful inside with a great atmosphere. They don't have salt shakers on the table and now we know why!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were in town for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Tamara's was the whole package! We could walk from the B&B we were staying at, the atmosphere was nice and romantic, our server Donata was top notch. We ordered the Steak Goucho and it was Devine! Everthing was awesome!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had planned to visit Apalachicola, FL for a long time and finally made it just after the tourist season '13. The beginning was not good. A quick walk gives you the impression the choice construction material for this town's hospitality sector is rusty corrugated. One self-proclaimed leading eatery closes at eight -- discouraging when you arrive at five till. Another was seemingly closed, except for upstairs, but the access was roped off with a sign that said: Use the elevator on Avenue 'D. Not an auspicious beginning. But then we found Tamara's Cafe, and the evening was saved. Everything is right with this place. The room is lovely, with hardwood floors and an ancient tin ceiling; unlike the majority of restaurants in this part of the country in late summer, Tamara's Cafe does not try to emulate a commercial freezer. The walls are decorated with choices from owner Tamara's art collection. All in all, a completely pleasant environment. The food? Suffice it to say that I wouldn't change a thing. I had yellowfin tuna, coming off the boat that afternoon. As usual, I ordered it seriously-to-completely rare. Not as usual: I got what I ordered. (Why are so many restaurant kitchens intimidated by orders for rare fish?). Tamara's has a very interesting and expansive beer list and a wine list that will not make the snootier wine connoisseur swoon. But it provides suitable accompaniments for all menu items, while retaining the typical dinner's modest price point. All in all: Tamara's is worth a detour.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I live in Apalachicola and eat at Tamara's Cafe when I can. Every visit is a wonderful experience. Food always great! Service great! Love the great prices at lunch. Have not yet been there for breakfast....maybe I'll try that this weekend!