“The view was the best part of this meal”
Review of Boss Oyster

Boss Oyster
Ranked #14 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The view was the best part of this meal”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch and were able to easily acquire a table. We sat on the deck, under one of the fans. The shrimp was fresh and I asked for it to be grilled - to which the kitchen added Old Bay seasoning. The shrimp was well prepared - not over grilled. The red beans & rice were delicious. My partner had the crab cakes, which he said were just average. The fries were a bit bland for me. The best part of the meal was the view - we had the best time watching birds fly around us, and the dolphins play in the canal.

Pensacola, Florida
“Just ok”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The food was decent, but no seasoning what so ever. Food did come out quick and hot.... Server couldn't tell us if shrimp were de-vained or even try to find out. Other then that she was fine. Oh and the Sweet tea was WAY TO SWEET!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent, not nearly as good as times past”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hostess was uncertain if she could seat seven at one table, we had to solve this problem ourselves. We then had to ask to have bird feces wiped off our table. Food was just adequate. Hip Hop music playing too loud.

Atmosphere/view is amazing-almost makes up for poor food.

(My mother asked that I add that the local cats are missing and she misses them)

1 Thank Andy A
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Good seafood with a view”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This restaurant has been an Appalachicola standby for many years. It is on the water and offers a good view if seated on the deck. Prices are in line with other restaurants in the area. It does get busy at peak times. Our dinner was very good.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch and a nice view”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A friend and I decided to go to the Boss last Tuesday. The restaurant was on half full upon our arrival. I wanted the grouper sandwich despite the cost of $15. My friend ordered the bay scallop poor boy which I would recommend. They placed 18 perfectly cooked bay scallops on the roll. He gave the sandwich a thumbs up. My grouper sandwich was good; however , I would suggest putting the grouper on the roll that is used for the poor boys. The view and the service was great. I would definitely go again.

1 Thank Bob C