“Great food!!”

Caroline's Dining on the River
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
FL
“Great food!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Some of the best food in the area! Fantastic smoked fish dip, great grouper sandwich, and the best gumbo ever! Relaxed atmosphere in a small and intimate setting with a very nice view on the river. Pleasant and friendly service. We would absolutely return to this restaurant!!

• Visited October 2011

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Brunch Ga'lore”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Terrific brunch served up by Dawn, a Florida native and savvy server. Oyster Omelet and Crab Benedict were choices and delivered perfectly. Dawn kept the coffee coming, but it doesn't overcome the fresh [?-there is almost no place in this time of year that has fresh OJ] juice, but she replaced it with tomato very quickly. Sitting on the screened-in-porch on the pier watching the shrimp boats go by is a strong "extra" on top of the food and ser vice. Will return.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank knife_n_fork32168
Nashville, Tennessee
“AWESOME in every sense of the word”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The food was hot, the atmosphere was fabulous and the service was out of this world! Our waitress was Kimberly who greeted us with a huge smile and welcome. After a few questions she realized that we were new to the area, had never had oysters and were celebrating our 30th anniversary. She offered to bring out an oyster to try so that I could see what they were like and decide if I wanted to purchase that for dinner. In the end I loved the oyster, but went with the Jumbo Shrimp. My wife had the flounder, another first. She loved it!!. The seafood gumbo that we shared was excellent.
We left the restaurant feeling like royalty, feeling full and satisfied with our food and feeling welcomed to return. Which we will on our next trip. I have already blogged about the restaurant and have heard from some of my followers that they will try it next time through.
Thank you for a wonderful evening!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank tennredsoxfan
Roswell, Georgia
“Grouper Heaven”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

If you like Grouper, this is the place to go. They serve Grouper like 10 different ways. I chose the Grouper with the artichokes and it was delicious. My only complaint was that it was a bit hot in the restaurant. It overlooks the bay and has a lot of glass windows. Overall I enjoyed my meal and would definitely dine there again.

• Visited July 2011
Batesville, Arkansas
“Great food in a serene setting in quaint town”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We recently visited this area and this restaurant was recommended to us by my parents who had eaten there on their 25th wedding anniversary. I'm not a big seafood person, but my husband is. I enjoyed sharing the sampler with him. He said it was a great deal for the amount of food, variety, and freshness. I loved sitting out on the screened in porch/dining area and we went at a time when we had it to ourselves. The tables are dressed with adorable settings and lavender cloths. This is definitely a place for seafood lovers or a little romantic meal! :)

• Visited August 2011