“Great place for coffee and scones”
Review of Cafe Con Leche

Cafe Con Leche
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed on St. George Island, but drove here every day for the coffee and scones. Best scones ever!

1  Thank Lea-Anne J

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was surprised by the many negative reviews of Cafe Con Leche. During our four days in Apalachicola, afternoon coffee at Cafe Con Leche was a daily happy moment. We love the atmosphere, the WiFi and most of all the cappuccino and coffee. My husband like the sweet bakery items, as well as the savory. But we especially like our conversations with Frederic - always a friendly chat and interesting music to boot. I even bought a Cafe Con Leche mug to remind me of our special time there. Hopefully your visit will be as pleasant as ours.

1  Thank Altered_E
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Another star in Tamara's mini-empire of Apalach. Dog friendly, covered front patio, pastries to die for, and the best arepas (Argentinian corn cakes filled with various stuffings - bacon, egg and cheese; chorizo; veggies; etc.). We always stop at Café con Leche on our way out of town for one more breakfast arepa. Cute little boutique inside as well. Other savory pastries vary by the day. Also noticed it was alternate lifestyle friendly. Yum, yum, yum - we love you Tamara!

1  Thank Maggers
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and myself were searching for breakfast in Apalach and came across
Cafe con Leche the only restaurant we could find serving breakfast. We entered and asked if we needed to seat ourselves or what and the Spanish lady behind the counter pointed to chalkboard menu with very few breakfast items so we asked if they served bacon eggs, grits, etc. The lady said "we are Spanish" very rudely. SHE just looked at me like I was crazy for asking. They never welcomed us or asked what we needed. Not a smile or a Hello just sarcasm just like some of the aforementioned reviews in Feb.and March. We left feeling like we had inconvenienced them. We did call them afterwards and spoke to the manager and told her our experience was awful and all she had to say was Okay. This was a really bad experience.

5  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stopped her for lunch during our walking tour of Apalachicola. We both got sandwiches. Took a few minutes to get them but I think it was because they were freshly made which is a good thing in my book! I got ham and cheese on croissant; it came warm! With a yummy green dressing on it!
Cutely decorated little café!!

1  Thank Deborah004