“Not necessarily your usual fare, but a fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Con Leche

Cafe Con Leche
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Warner Robins
“Not necessarily your usual fare, but a fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had picked this place out to try, but had to wait a day because I didn't realize they weren't open for supper. But I was glad I made a 2nd attempt!

I wasn't sure what the flavor profile of Venezuelan cuisine was, but was interested in something different. Besides, I knew they had a variety of coffees, and that's never a bad thing!

We had the ham croissant, the El Cubano sandwich, and 2 arepas - BBQ Chicken with avocado, and the veggies one. The 2 sandwiches came with slaw, but the folks eating the arepas ate most of the slaw. It was very flavorful - with both savory notes (soy and vinegar) and sweet (pineapples and carrots). The mojo on the El Cubano sandwich was much lighter than I usually expect from mojo - not as smoky or intense, but it balanced with the pork loin really nicely.

You can watch the corn cakes being made to order for the arepas - no question of freshness here! The BBQ Chicken was really good - a lighter BBQ sauce which worked well with the shredded chicken, and there were some other veggies on it, along with a generous portion of avocado. The veggie arepa was mostly the vegetables (eggplant, tomato, asparagus) - but also flavorful.

We actually didn't decide to have a dessert, but there was a wide variety to be had - at least 3 kinds of cake, and several different flavors of scones.

I'd definitely want to try another flavor of the arepas - it's a nice change of pace! The service was also good - friendly, and just attentive enough!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dana S

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for coffee and scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed on St. George Island, but drove here every day for the coffee and scones. Best scones ever!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lea-Anne J
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Great coffee, fresh baked goods and the wonderful Frederic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was surprised by the many negative reviews of Cafe Con Leche. During our four days in Apalachicola, afternoon coffee at Cafe Con Leche was a daily happy moment. We love the atmosphere, the WiFi and most of all the cappuccino and coffee. My husband like the sweet bakery items, as well as the savory. But we especially like our conversations with Frederic - always a friendly chat and interesting music to boot. I even bought a Cafe Con Leche mug to remind me of our special time there. Hopefully your visit will be as pleasant as ours.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Altered_E
Nashville, Tennessee
“Arepas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Another star in Tamara's mini-empire of Apalach. Dog friendly, covered front patio, pastries to die for, and the best arepas (Argentinian corn cakes filled with various stuffings - bacon, egg and cheese; chorizo; veggies; etc.). We always stop at Café con Leche on our way out of town for one more breakfast arepa. Cute little boutique inside as well. Other savory pastries vary by the day. Also noticed it was alternate lifestyle friendly. Yum, yum, yum - we love you Tamara!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Maggers
Tallahassee
“Terribly RUDE and SARCASTIC!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself were searching for breakfast in Apalach and came across
Cafe con Leche the only restaurant we could find serving breakfast. We entered and asked if we needed to seat ourselves or what and the Spanish lady behind the counter pointed to chalkboard menu with very few breakfast items so we asked if they served bacon eggs, grits, etc. The lady said "we are Spanish" very rudely. SHE just looked at me like I was crazy for asking. They never welcomed us or asked what we needed. Not a smile or a Hello just sarcasm just like some of the aforementioned reviews in Feb.and March. We left feeling like we had inconvenienced them. We did call them afterwards and spoke to the manager and told her our experience was awful and all she had to say was Okay. This was a really bad experience.

Visited March 2014