We have just gotten back from another Apalachicola trip, again staying at the Water Street Hotel. While we still enjoyed it, things were just not up to our expectations after staying there a year ago. The staff wasn't as personable, we had to contact them each day about something missing from our breakfast basket or some housekeeping issue. The yogurt they supplied in the breakfast basket was out of date, until we pointed it out to them and got some in date.
When you're paying top dollar, I just expect more. I was surprised at how high the rates were, considering the place was practically empty.
Does it mean I won't go back? Certainly not. But, I will adjust my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola