Water Street Hotel & Marina
  • Room Service
Gibson Inn(Apalachicola)
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)
  • Free Internet
St George Inn(St. George Island)
View Hotel
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
  • Pool
Buena Vista Motel(Mexico Beach)
View Hotel
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenscreened porchfruit cupliving roomyogurtthe riverbunk bedssecond bedroomwasher dryer combolarge living areaoverlooking the waterhotel roomhardwood floorshotel staffoysterspeace and quietwatch the boats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Driving the Gulf coast, we were looking for out-of the-way towns. Apalachicola fits the bills. This hotel/condo is in an historic fishing village. The Water Street Hotel is next to restaurants and fishing boats. Check-in was easy and cordial. There is an elevator to the second floor and luggage carts if you over-pack like I do.
The 1.5 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment was spacious and well-appointed. 1.5 bedroom means a twin cot fits in the room. The bathrooms had high-end fixtures and toiletries. The kitchen was large and had plenty to cook a meal. There was even starter food in the fridge: fruit cups, muffins, yogurt, and bottled water, so you don't have to race out to the store the first day. Coffee, cream, and sweeteners were also by the coffee pot. The bed was comfortable, free wi-fi, and a washer/dryer (bring/buy your own suds).
There is a large screened porch with fans and furniture. You are away from the white sandy Gulf here, but you can find the beaches in nearby St. George Island. I thought the price was slightly high for a self-cater and the location, but I would stay here again. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank askcloee
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The Water Street Hotel is in all aspects a truly outstanding hotel in a quaint, interesting town. My wife and I spent two nights there. The suites are large, extremely well designed and equiped. With large, private screened porches, it is a delight to look over a creek, a river and marshes and enjoy silence. The staff are among the most friendly and helpful we have experienced. Evelyn at checkin and Nedra later that day were outstanding. There are at least six excellent restaurants nearby, and the oysters are sublime. We look forward to a return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed suite 306 on the top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Al G
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had a wonderful 50 birthday party at the Water Street hotel. There was a total of 16 of us. We had a good selection of different rooms. All were very nicely designed and completely furnished with a full kitchen. Nedra Jackson checked us all in and made sure that we had everything that we needed for our stay. Fun was had by all!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 308 Top floor great view and lots of space!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracy50_10
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in july 2012. First impressions weren't great as it looked like we had rolled up to an industrial estate!! However, don't be fooled - this place is amazing!!! Our apartment was not what we expected at all!!! It was HUGE!!!!!! Loved everything about this place, from the complimentary glass of wine on arrival to the recommendations by the receptionist and finally to the complimentary oysters voucher received for 'Up The Creek Raw' restaurant down the road - yummy!! A really nice touch!!! The balcony was lovely, with protective mosquito nets surrounding it and had lovely views of the water and the boats. A really chilled oot place - would definitely visit again!! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ELBP2510
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay over the long new year's weekend in Apalachicola at the Water St Hotel. I found out about it through Trip Advisor and was very pleased. It's a beautiful place with lovely views over the water. I saw lots of water birds but no gators or dolphins. I took a nice boat tour from the maritime museum and didn't see any either, but I think the cold weather might be the reason. We did see lots of eagles on our boat tour, which was a nice surprise. We are the type that keep the do not disturb sign up for short trips but we got a call from the front desk every afternoon asking if we needed them to bring us anything since we didn't have our room serviced. I thought that was a nice touch. We did spend alot of time waiting for he elevator on the first floor. When you press the button it doesn't light up most of the time. it eventually works. The food in the town was incredible despite the oyster shortage that is very much in the news down there. Recommend Oysters Migonette & Huge Peel & Eat Shrimp at Up the Creek, Crab & Shrimp Bisque at Papa Joes, Shrimp & Grits and Raw Oysters at Boss Oyster, Beef Tenderloin Eggs Benedict at the Owl Cafe. We walked out of Carolines at breakfast because they kept ignoring us and waiting on other people who came in after us. Ended up at Tamara's which we enjoyed. I learned on my river tour that the area is also famous for Tupelo honey (which I have never heard of) and that there was a movie made about it called Ulee's Gold with Peter Fonda. We are looking forward to watching it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple