I was lucky enough to stay at the Water Street Hotel for 5 days during the annual Plein Air Paintout prior to joining my family for the remainder of our vacation. This was my 3rd stay over the last few years and once more the Water Street exceeded expectation. On this occasion the floor plan I booked included a king master on the creek side which shared a huge screened porch with the living room. This floor plan includes a day bed and room which while small would certainly be adequate for a child and is adjacent to a second full bath. The king bed was very comfortable and the master bathroom and kitchen were well appointed. I did not use the pool but it and the surrounding area looked clean and inviting. The hotel does provide a muffin, yogurt and fruit cup for those looking for a light breakfast but not wanting to seek out something or prepare anything.
When work demanded that I take time from my sabbatical to take care of necessities I was able to work from the screened porch and enjoy watching the shrimp boats pass. The views at sunrise and sunset are spectacular and a cup of coffee or other beverage enjoyed while taking in this beautiful area are truly soothing to the soul. I enjoyed walking everywhere and while some of the restaurants and shopping are easy walking distance for the able bodied, those that might not be able or might prefer not to walk can request information regarding golf cart rental when you make your reservation. The staff was helpful, efficient and courteous. I honestly cannot say enough good about Nedra. She welcomes with a smile and information or a glass of wine upon arrival should you desire either. Nedra, I want you to know you made my stay there honoring my mothers memory very special. You are a delight and a saint upon this earth.
I look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola