Water Street Hotel & Marina
Official Hotel
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$111
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$184
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$183
US$173
  • Pool
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$94
Agoda.com
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelocity
Beacon Hill Lodge(Port Saint Joe)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfull kitchenscreened porchfruit cupliving roomyogurtthe riverbunk bedssecond bedroomwasher dryer combolarge living areaoverlooking the waterhotel roomhardwood floorshotel staffoysterspeace and quietwatch the boats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at the Water Street Hotel for 5 days during the annual Plein Air Paintout prior to joining my family for the remainder of our vacation. This was my 3rd stay over the last few years and once more the Water Street exceeded expectation. On this occasion the floor plan I booked included a king master on the creek side which shared a huge screened porch with the living room. This floor plan includes a day bed and room which while small would certainly be adequate for a child and is adjacent to a second full bath. The king bed was very comfortable and the master bathroom and kitchen were well appointed. I did not use the pool but it and the surrounding area looked clean and inviting. The hotel does provide a muffin, yogurt and fruit cup for those looking for a light breakfast but not wanting to seek out something or prepare anything.

When work demanded that I take time from my sabbatical to take care of necessities I was able to work from the screened porch and enjoy watching the shrimp boats pass. The views at sunrise and sunset are spectacular and a cup of coffee or other beverage enjoyed while taking in this beautiful area are truly soothing to the soul. I enjoyed walking everywhere and while some of the restaurants and shopping are easy walking distance for the able bodied, those that might not be able or might prefer not to walk can request information regarding golf cart rental when you make your reservation. The staff was helpful, efficient and courteous. I honestly cannot say enough good about Nedra. She welcomes with a smile and information or a glass of wine upon arrival should you desire either. Nedra, I want you to know you made my stay there honoring my mothers memory very special. You are a delight and a saint upon this earth.

I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RocknRockmartian
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through Apalachicola. All the reviews are correct, this place is really nice and quiet. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had dinner at Up the Creek Raw Bar which you can walk to from the hotel. I can't wait to go back for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wakesnow27
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We are NW Florida natives and we have been visiting Apalach for R & R since the early 1980's. We have stayed at Water Street the past several visits. We try to visit at least twice a year. It's a perfect getaway for all. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and the kitchen is awesome. Nadra and staff makes you feel right at home. Apalachicola is the place to be.... we will be back soon!

PS: Make sure you check out St George Island State Park....on of our favorite beaches!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CostaRica082310
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the hotels docks and my shipmate got sick. He went to the office and rented a suite. The suite turned out to have two seperate sleeping rooms, each had a very nice bath with shower.

There was also a large living room with its own wireless router for Internet. And a bar with stools, separating the kitchen from the living room. It had a full sized refrigerator, stove. Microwave and dishwasher.

The following was partially pecky cypress and they were beautiful.

Both the living room and my room had walk out balconies overlooking the marsh. Both were screened to protect from mosquitoes.

The docks are floating docks which are rare along the waterway but well appreciated. It cost about $1.45 per foot per night.

The suite was as clean as they get. Very good from that as well as overall appearance.

Good seafood is available at Up The Creek bar and restaurant about five minutes walk from the hotel.

The only negatives were the night desk clerk that gave me wrong and then inadequate directions on how to get to the facility by water. Also the facilities for boaters are very limited. Only one shower room to serve male and female boaters. It was also the only bathroom. So plan ahead because there might be a wait.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Point23
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Nedra gave us a warm welcome as we entered the lobby. She happened to have our reservation in front of her as she was getting our keys ready for when we arrived. Being a local she gave us excellent recommendations on places to eat. The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the screened-in porch and watching and listening to the wildlife...very peaceful. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple