“I could live there.”

Water Street Hotel & Marina
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Apalachicola
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The pictures on the website don't do this place justice. I literally teared up with emotion upon entering the room - huge and beautiful. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance but I would have ordered in if the hotel offeredthat; that's how much I wanted to stay in the room. It had two beautiful bathrooms, a nice kitchen, and a washer/dryer which we made use of - so convenient to throw a load in when coming back from the beach. Also loved the pool. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Beautiful property - condos on the waterway with boat slips. Most have 2 beds. They have a pool and hot tub. Nice screened porches for sitting out. Full kitchens. Nicely decorated. Could have been a bit cleaner. Just a matter of the maid not taking her time. They are very convenient however and newer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with a trip to Apalachicola- neither of us had ever been there. We loved the Water Street Hotel. It's a tiny town, so you're within walking distance of everything, but the location on the river is perfect. The suites are huge and comfortable, each one with two bathrooms. Water pressure isn't great, but that's not the hotel's fault.

The full kitchen was great for us- we cooked breakfast each morning and enjoyed it on the awesome porch. The bed is comfortable, with nice linens. My only small complaint was that the A/C was really loud, but it definitely kept us cool.

Nedra at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed chatting with her as we had our complimentary glass of wine in the lobby. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 30 July 2013

There aren't too many places to stay in Apalachicola. This year we decided to "upgrade" and stay here. We had a 2 bedroom (king and bunks). King was covered in pillows and very comfy. It was just gorgeous. APT size washer and dryer! Great news for beach-goers so bring a little detergent. There was a commercial grade coffee maker, filters and all of the utensils, etc. in the kitchen. The A/C was top-notch! There is a very pretty pool that is bordered by the back wooded area. The front of the hotel faces the river. There are sailboats and very large, nice boats docked. A couple of kids fished from the dock. We saw 2 alligators swimming right next to the docks. The marsh is beautiful and every room has a screened in balcony. Try to get the top floor if possible for the best view. If you are on the first floor, you'll probably just see the boats docked. Negatives: "Armenian? Ants". We were warned about them and told to keep everything edible in the fridge which we did. I saw some in the bathroom. These are kind or like "sugar ants" as they call them down south. Yes it was a first to see them in a hotel, but it is in a very wooded, moist area. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, but I wouldn't even leave anything on the balcony (cooler, cups, etc.). We did have one blanket on one bunk with a big yellow stain at the bottom. To me it looked like a chemical stain, but they should check those blankets and remove them. I didn't say anything to mgmt. so I can't really say much more! The bunks need extra blankets.They gave us complimentary muffins on the first day (4), then 2 on the second and one on the third. It was like they were weaning us! The last "negative" were the towels. They participate in the water/energy conservation program where you put towels on the floor only if you want replacements. On the second day, I put 2 wash cloths and the bath mat in a pile. I got a bath mat and a hand towel (I already had 3) in return. I really needed the washcloths. Details do need to be watched. If you are there in warm weather, bring your bug spray for the mosquitoes- esp. for the pool and for walking to the restaurants/downtown. They'll jump on you quick! It was just such a nice place. I would love to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travelin64
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Nice place and location for restaurants. Just messed up the small things. No toilet paper in one bathroom and a very small amount in the other. We had to ask for sheets and ant spray. Yes, ant spray. Lots of ants! Bathroom floor and the outside deck were bad. We put our cooler on the table on the deck and in under an hour it was covered. Evelyn was very friendly and helped as much as possible. We will try one more time. A 20$ discount was offered and accepted.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CorpsmanUSN
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I traveled the coast end of Dec. and beginning of Jan. Stopped in Apalachicola
stayed here and loved the town and hotel. Every morning we watched the dolphins from our screened in porch. Very satisfied!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Trip Advisor has always provided the best guide to me as far as places to go and places to stay - I traveled solo to South Africa and info provided was spot on. I am compelled to talk about what occurred on my recent stay at the Water Street Hotel and Marina because of how my experience was handled by the general manager. My friends (who have worked in tourism for years) and I decided to take a week-end getaway "off the beaten path" We were warmly greeted by Nedra - very pleasant. She called after we had checked in to find out if we were OK. We said we were, but that was before we discovered the bed linen with body fluids and dirty stained coffee cups. Absolutely disgusting! I reported this to the general manager and asked her to "have someone from house keeping take care of it" She did come up to the room and quickly removed the evidence we had already photographed. Her way of apology was making an excuse for why the staff may not have noticed the stains and dirty linen. Quite shocking really. She clearly did not pass this information on to her team as upon check out I had to restate my dissatisfaction with what had occurred. Evelyn the lady who checked us out was clearly embarrassed when we showed her the pictures we had taken and offered us a discount on our stay. We have travelled the world, we have stayed in some of the best hotels and some that were just OK and so we are aware that there will be good experiences and unfortunate ones such as this, however the way issues are handled speaks volumes about the staff and the general culture of the place. The idea of the place is great, very peaceful by the water, however due to our experience I'm not comfortable recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank PortAntonio
WSHM, Guest Relations Manager at Water Street Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

The Staff at the Water Street Hotel regrets when a Guest is not completely satisfied during their stay. Whenever a Guest reports a problem, we do our best to correct the situation as soon as possible. In this case, our General Manager acted promptly. She determined that housekeeping overlooked what appeared to be a beverage stain, such as coffee or cola, on the folded duvet coverlet. The duvet was immediately removed and replaced. The General Manager also had the coffee stained coffee cups replaced immediately. We regret any inconvenience that this caused our Guest. As our prior Trip Advisor reviews indicate, all of our Staff at the Water Street Hotel & Marina strives to provide excellent service to all of our Guests. We are sorry that this Guest was dissatisfied with their visit and would hope that it would not hinder their next visit to Apalachicola or the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
Gibson Inn
#2 of 2 in St. George Island
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Water Street Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!