I was stopping in Apalachicola to photograph some of the old buildings and to sample one of my favorite things - oysters. I was told there really was few choices in the way of places to stay. I found this hotel on the internet and thought the prices were low and though I wondered what I was going to find, I booked it. For $100 I had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen, a screened porch overlooking the river. There was hardwood floors and an island for the kitchen. I was on the first floor and a view of the marina. This room was nicely furnished and very clean. The desk person was helpful and courteous, offering suggestions for dining since a number of restaurants were closed. This is a gem at the end of Water street. Now don't think that means you are way out of town, you are only 3 blocks from other businesses - easy walking distance and across the street from the public parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola