My wife and I had just come from five days "roughing it" at the Pelican Inn on Dog Island and wanted a treat before heading home. I read the reviews of the Water Street Hotel and decided to give it a go. Even with the very strong reviews I had read, I wasn't prepared for how nice this place is. An extremely friendly desk clerk (Nedra) checked us in, gave us our complimentary glass of wine, and told us all about the hotel and marina. When we got to our room, we were surprised at the spaciousness (every "room" is a suite - multiple rooms, full kitchen) and how modern and tasteful everything is. The kicker is that every suite has a screened porch overlooking the river. All for $159 a night. You can easily pay less in Apalachicola, but it'd be hard to find a place this great anywhere! We loved it and wished we were staying longer. We'll go back and use it as a base for exploring the area more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola