Gibson Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$131
Orbitz.com
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$184
US$157
Travelocity
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$175
US$156
  • Pool
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$122
MainStaySuites
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelocity
All reviewsmurder mysteryhistoric hotelwrap around porchblack catcoffee cakeno elevatorold floridarooms are smallrocking chairsthird floormodern amenitiestop floorfront porchoystersstep back in timecontinental breakfastgeorge island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Located at the entrance to the famous oyster city in Florida's panhandle, this inn boasts a good restaurant and features a wonderful wraparound porch, a great place to enjoy happy hour or a night cap. The building has a reputation for launching the preservation movement in the city thirty years ago. It serves as a great opening for an enjoyable weekend experiencing the waterfront city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the two main facades include the best views, but all are quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you travel to Apalachicola, which is one of the towns along North Florida's "Forgotten Coast", I highly recommend the Gibson Inn. My husband and I have stayed here several times, since we live within 75 miles, and like to come here for a weekend getaway--or even during the week, sometimes. Lots of history here. We love the rooms, the ambiance;the beds are comfortable; love the bathrooms with the clawfoot tub (also has a shower). All the conveniences. The bar is beautiful, and we are friends with Betsy, (works in the bar) who actually authored a book about North Florida--entitled "Sandspurs and Sawgrass". The Gibson is located right in the center of the town. And, the town is "walkable". I love the wrap around porch with the big rocking chairs. You can take your tea, coffee or drink outside and "sit for a spell". Sometimes, there's even some entertainment on the porch...a local singer with a guitar...very nice atmosphere!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had an amazing stay at this inn while driving through the Gulf coast. Loved the rooms and the huge terrace that made me believe I was in the Bahamas...
We also got a pleasant surprise when we tried the inn's own restaurant at night, I think that was the best meal during the whole trip. Location was also great, easy to spot directly when coming from the bridge. And a cocktail named after the old sea captain that is said to haunt one of the rooms, is also worth trying!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Wonderful staff greeted us as this historic hotel for a nice visit during July 4 weekend. The room was comfortable, well maintained and true to the historic character of the building. The bar was lively and a favorite gathering spot for guests and locals. We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant which I understand is under the direction of a new chef. This is a special piece of Florida history and highly recommended if you want a historic and human touch which is a pleasant departure from most contemporary hotels today. Pull up a rocking chair on the veranda and meet a new friend.

Room Tip: Check out your room in advance online. Corner rooms offer great views, either of the downtown or bay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

This is a very neat charming B&B on the national historic register. Even though it is old it has all the modern consciences. There are only / rooms on the bottom floor so it was nice to be able to get one of those. Otherwise you will have to climb the stairs. I was afraid I was going to get hot but with the window unit in our room I got cold. It was very clean and the price was less expensive then I thought it was going to be. It is also within easy walking distance to the resturants by the river. A neat and charming downtown area as well.

• Stayed: July 2013