Gibson Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$131
Orbitz.com
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$184
US$157
Travelocity
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$175
US$156
  • Pool
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$122
MainStaySuites
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$118
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmurder mysteryhistoric hotelwrap around porchblack catcoffee cakeno elevatorold floridarooms are smallrocking chairsthird floormodern amenitiestop floorfront porchoystersstep back in timecontinental breakfastgeorge island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I also love the Gibson Inn, we've stayed a few times. But goodness gracious folks, please, I am begging you, please get with one of your terrific local chefs and ask them to consult with you on some breakfast ideas. Perhaps it could even be a voucher to a restaurant that is open for breakfast. That being said the Gibson Inn couldn't be located in a more convenient location - there is no need to drive unless visiting SGI, etc. Everything is within walking distance - hurray! One final note - your restaurant is chef worthy and the staff must support that chef. A few years back you had a dessert menu - when I asked to see it on my most recent trip I was curtly told there wasn't one - as if I was an idiot for even asking. Your gorgeous Inn is deserving of staff who love to work there and understand that their friendliness helps you thrive. Can't wait to get back for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank x7p3p
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came to Apalachacola to see if Oysters fresh from the bay were any different than those we get in Venice, FL. They ARE!!

We discovered much, much more. The town of Apalachacola is walkable and has many excellent restaurants. Many old style southern homes with surrounding poarches. A gem that is worth returning to again and again.

The gem within the gem is the Gibson Inn. It is a large, old southern style building right in downtown, well maintained and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very responsive. We will return here again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Gibson around Xmas and I returned with my husband & dogs in April. Stayed in the same "pet friendly" room. The large second story porch gives this inn a very old fashioned feel; the dogs loved it. The room was cozy but comfortable. The bathroom was updated and clean. We would visit again. Be aware that the restaurant has limited days but there are other great restaurants nearby. The breakfast could stand an upgrade for the price of the room; stale bagels not that good. Had to beg for coffee both days. The front desk staff was very helpful and sweet. Loved the house cat!

Room Tip: Good pet friendly accommodations. But you will have to walk upstairs. The staff was a big help in getting our luggage up the stairs!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ShelbyLyn62
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Not knowing much about this area before leaving Atlanta, we had a great time. The front desk night staff(I hope I get the names correct) Kimberly and Lynn were the best. Mark the bartender made awesome drinks and was nice to look at. The rooms were nice and everyone I went into were setup differently. We would stay there again when looking for some relaxation.

The only down side had nothing to do with the Inn, I've never went on vacation and a town closed at 9 or 10pm. Some places ran out of food, so the last night we had to go to the gas station for some bread to make sandwiches.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hartofgoldga
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cannot complain about much with our stay at the Gibson. Very nice for the price and the location can't be topped. Had a nice stay with the In Laws (First trip to the area) and we brought our small child. He loved breakfast outside on the porch. Bar and restaurant was convenient as well. Downtown Apalach is a great place to eat and shop, so the Gibson gets high marks from all of our group.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family