“accomodations fine, so so customer service but nice cleaning crew”

Best Western Apalach Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Apalachicola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Beds were nice, food at breakfat was all carbs. Faux eggs etc ended more than an hour before breakfast hours and were not replaced, Cleaning crew friendly and helpful. Front desk did not help a man who had paid for a jacuzzi which was not working. Never offered even a 10% discount for essentally over paying. Told him to write a formal complaint to their headquarters. Please!! Nice pool and clean rooms for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Apalach Inn

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed two nights while exploring Apalachicola and the surrounding area.
The rooms are exterior-access and appear to have been remodeled. The room we stayed in was clean and was equipped with a mini-refrigerator and an older TV. The shower looked new and water pressure was very good.
We were disappointed in the pool. We didn't use it because the water looked dirty and there was floating debris (including a dead bird) that we reported to the desk attendant.
The staff are friendly and try to be helpful but seem to be overwhelmed at times when it gets busy.
The breakfast had a variety of choices and was very adequate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Semi-Retrd
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed here 3 nights with my husband and 2 children, ages 8 and 15. It is right along the coast, but there are no beaches nearby. An easy 15 minute drive across 2 bridges will take you to St George Island, which has spectacular beaches. It is also 5 minutes from Apalachicola, a quaint and funky, but quiet little town. Not too many affordable hotels in the area, so the Apalach Inn was a nice surprise.
The Good: Location; price; comfortable bed (important to me- I had a serious back injury and I'm picky); nice staff; very safe (child didn't close our door completely when we went to dinner, returned 2 hours later to find a slightly open door with laptop, tablet, and $800 camera in plain sight, but untouched. Another guest accidentally left her iPad on her car overnight); fridge and micro in room; the included breakfast had a good variety of cold cereals, instant hot cereals, coffee, tea, juices, asst breads, waffles, egg patties, and link sausage.
The Not-So-Good: found children's fast food containers in the dresser drawer, pieces of cereal under the edge of the bed, and a spot on the pillow that seemed to indicate the case was not changed. We didn't complain; we were tired and the room seemed clean otherwise, just didn't use the pillow. The dryer needed 2 cycles to dry our clothes, so a load of laundry cost $4 to wash and dry, while people waiting for the dryer complained. The pool could have used a better cleaning, it usually had leaves and debris floating in it. Breakfast the last morning was a disaster- 45 minutes before it was supposed to end, they were out of most breads, orange juice, milk, and eggs. After repeated requests they brought out more eggs, but the attendant said she had asked for permission to go buy some and had been turned down. My daughter had to throw out her bowl of cereal and get something else after waiting nearly 30 mins for milk. Very disappointing. Breakfast never included cocoa for children, so we brought our own.
Overall, I liked it and will stay there again, but there are little things that could certainly be improved.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jodeegu
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We usually stay at the Apalachicola River Inn, but they were booked for our last minute family beach trip. I don't know why, but I guess I was expecting a Best Western in Apalachicola to resemble something more like a motel, so I was a little wary. But this was very nice! It is blocks from the town center and on the same road as a Piggly Wiggly and a CVS Pharmacy. Our room appeared to have just been remodeled in tasteful colors and finishes that don't look like they'll be out of style in 5 years (like you see in some other "remodeled" hotels). The refrigerator was spacious and kept things very cold. It actually froze our bottle of milk overnight, but I didn't mind. I would rather have it be too cold than not cold enough, as I have experienced in other hotels. The microwave came in handy for warming up leftovers. We did not partake of the breakfast, but we did stop by as we checked out, and it looked like a nice spread. We did not try the pool, so I cannot comment on that. Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Effervescent,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 850-653-9131.

BEST WESTERN Apalach Inn

Reviewed 16 April 2012

It was average. It is under renovation so things are a bit slow.
We waited about an hour for our room to be ready and so did most people.
We arived at check in time
Room was clean

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Tony,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 850-653-9131.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here on April 12. We were traveling this route home and thought it was very scenic. I called ahead for a reservation, and the person was extremely friendly on the phone, and got me set with a room. After we arrived I thought the exterior was very clean. Check in was easy and again the desk staff was great and I even got a little history of the area.We got a room on the 1st floor and liked being able to back right up to our room. The interior of the room was nice and clean. Internet was fine. Beds were fine. My only concern was that I was in a non-smoking room and could detect a very minor odor of stale smoke smell. I could not tell if someone before me smoked in the room or if it came from somewhere else. I did mention this to the staff in the morning. The pool area looked nice, we did not have time to use it. Breakfast was great. I really liked this area and would stay here again.

1  Thank Wispr

Dear Wispr,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was on the fence about staying here because of negative reviews but Apalachicola really doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of reasonably priced lodging. However we stayed here for $89 and found it very comfortable, quiet and just a mile from town. The room was large with a nice bath, comfortable bed, and had a microwave and refrigerator, The pool was clean and looked inviting. Breakfast was good. We will stay here again on future visits.

1  Thank Mississippigal43

Dear Amantha Raye,

Dee Allison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
Gibson Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Best Western Apalach Inn? Share your experiences!