“Good Price, Quiet, Clean Rooms”
Review of Crosby's Motor Inn

Crosby's Motor Inn
Crosby's Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Apopka
Central City, Florida, United States
“Good Price, Quiet, Clean Rooms”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The staff are very pleasant. Although there are no microwaves in rooms, I was welcome to use the one in lobby. The rooms are quiet and clean, housekeeping punctual. The beds are very comfortable. If you are looking for a short pleasant stay, do not need fridge, and want to save money this is the place for you. It is very convenient to downtown Orlando and Altamonte Springs but safer with out the high price tag.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms require a bit more exertion checking in and out, but are cheaper than downsta...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaz C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My biker group and I have stayed at Crosby's Motor Inn for three years now while attending the Leesburg Bike Fest and have enjoyed stay here. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. I look forward to next year staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank P Edward W
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Arrived here on a Fri night with plans to visit Disney World Sat. We checked out in the morning and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom with plans to drive back to Jacksonville that evening. We were having a great time and stayed later than planned. I called the Motel and explained we needed our room for another night but we would be getting there quite late and jokingly asked if they could leave the light on for us. The clerk said they can do better than that, they will leave the key for the room we had the night before. When we arrive back at the motel the door was locked but the key was where they said it would be. We had a quiet night sleep and settled up with front desk in the morning.

Room Tip: Clean quiet rooms. Freindly staff
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel based on reviews that they were great in 2009. Well that was a year ago, and that time frame makes a difference. We were in one of thier "best" rooms because we were there for five nights. It was next to the boiler room and we thought at first that air planes were flying over. Very loud. The staff was nice, but the place is in need of attention. The pillows had spots, the sheets were put on the bed on the wrong side. It was cold in Apopka at night and out heat only worked for 15 minutes and then went cold. The third night, we were offered the opportunity to move, but we opted to just go buy an electric heater instead of packing up and moving. No one tried to fix the heat and of course we were not offered any type of discount. I will not stay here again. I visit this area at least once a year, but this will not be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gumdrop59
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Stayed here while we visited relatives. Great little family motel. They sold beanie babies in the lobby - my kids loved them! Nice swimming pool too. We stayed in a kichenette and it was very clean. It would have been nice to have a free continential breakfast - but since we had a kichenette room - we could make breakfat ourselves. There is a resturant on site. It is closed right now. It had been a mexican resturant but it is going to open soon and be turned into a country resturant which sounds nice. There is a 7-11 across the street and a few blocks down is a Winn Dixie and plaza. Also on the other side of the street a Home Depot, Lowes and Wendy's. The staff, management and owners were all very nice. I will be staying here again when I go back down to visit relatives.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean, comfortable room and nice pool. My kids loved the beanies!
  • Disliked — Would be nice to have a continential breakfast - free donuts in the lobby would even be a nice addition.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TerriAtlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 June 2005

My family and I stayed here while my brother was having surgery. The rooms were clean, and the management was very friendly and informative. We stayed in a kitchenette room and cooked in our room while we were there. My daughter loved the beanie babies in the lobby. It would be nice to have a continental breakfast in the morning - but I am not complaining. They have a good Mexican resturant on the property as well. They have a nice pool on the property that we swam in a couple of times. When I come down to visit family again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed February 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2005

Was quoted a price of $69 over the phone. Held the room with our Discover Card. Upon arrival was told the rate was $79 and they did not take Discover Card. Manager said "Too bad, that's the rate. Take it or leave it!" Room was to be non-smoking but reeked of cigarette smoke. Even had a cigarette burn on the edge of the bathtub. Toilet was dirty. Would not ever stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apopka
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-Apopka
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
Ramada Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
#9 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Crosby's Motor Inn? Share your experiences!