“WONDERFUL BREAKFAST AND STAFF!”
Review of Wheeler's Cafe

Wheeler's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: American
Rocky Point, North Carolina
“WONDERFUL BREAKFAST AND STAFF!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

All I can say is not only are their servers super sweet but you won't leave their place hungry and the food is great for the price!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kimberly C

St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shenanigans”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I'm calling shenanigans to any positive review of this café. There is no way that Wheelers café could get a good review. Very small restaurant that is sardine packed( must be locals or fools like me that read the reviews). Very dirty, Old nasty table that had years of scratches into the wood top that left bear wood. We got there about 11:00 am, saw that they served breakfast until 11:30. Thought we were golden. At 11:15 the waitress showed up for our drink order, 11:40 she came back to take our breakfast order. Our order arrived at 12:15. My wife had ordered the biscuits and gravy. I could tell by her look after she had the first bite that something was very wrong. Gravy was ice cold, I mean ice cold. As if they took it off the line at 11:30 and put it in the cooler to save for the next meal. Grits were the same way when I took a bite. They were congealed into that grotesque blob of crap when you leave them off the heat for a long time. We waited so long because of the reviews we read. My son's corned beef hash was the same way and out of a can. Either the cook puts everything for breakfast away at 11:30 or the cooks produce it on time but the wait staff is so bad that it sits around for 30 minutes. ( that's my theory) Which ever way it is, it shows a complete lack of respect to the customer. That's why I call the reviews B.S. Waiting an hour to get cold, nasty, processed food is absurd. Maybe there's a reason that the state mental hospital used to be in Arcadia. Don't waste your time even stopping at Wheelers. I would say don't waste your money but there was no way that I going to pay for the horrible service and even worse food in such a "landmark".

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Donald S
Jacksonville, Florida
“Just So So”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We heard this was a great breakfast/lunch place, but we decided to try it for dinner. We felt it was just okay. They we all out of the special, poor planning on the busiest weekend of the year. So we tried their ribs. They were beef ribs, no sauce rather plain The other food we tried was the same. Not impressed with our server either. However the dessert was homemade and good and the girl running the register was nice.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cheryl486
Fort Myers, Florida
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were traveling through Arcadia, FL and thought we would check out this landmark restaurant. We were quite disappointed. Three of us had the burgers, which appeared to be made from frozen paddies. They were not very tasteful, plus were over cooked. The buns were also quite dry. One of our party had the catfish sandwich, and it tasted quite fishy. Perhaps we caught them on an off day, but we will not go back for another meal there, should our travels return to this city.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DickBobG
Jupiter Florida
“Homey Atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped by Wheeler's for lunch yesterday while antiquing in Arcadia. Loved the homey atmosphere, since all the tables inside the main restaurant were full, we were seated at a table on their porch. The waitresses were friendly but very busy, luckily we noticed the daily lunch and pie specials posted in the main dining room so we knew what we wanted to order. I had the Rib special and my husband had the Blackened Catfish. Both meals were very good, the fish was fresh and flavorful but was only 1 small filet for $12 fortunately it did come with 2 sides, fried pickles,sliced tomatoes and a piece cornbread. My ribs were hot and smokey but were bare of any sauce, which I had to ask for and was ice cold from the fridge, the mac and cheese was delicious, very creamy and the fried okra was nice and crispy, my meal did not come with cornbread, so my husband shared his. We ended lunch with coffee and shared a Cherry Cobbler which was wonderful. Over all we enjoyed everything although it ended up costing close to $30 for lunch plus tip. We will stop again on our next visit to Arcadia but we'll opt for either a lighter lunch or just have pie!

• Visited February 2014