“where the locals eat..”

Wheeler's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ate here multiple times during the course of a 5 week period. Breakfasts are southern cooked morning fare - eggs, bacon, grits & toast / biscuit. Evening meals were either burgers or a dinner special. Not a fancy place but good food and good price. One of the benchmarks I look for in a place is if the locals eat there- they do, All three meals of the day, no matter which day i was there,
TIP: Wheeler's has an outdoor screened in " porch " that was a treat to eat out in, instead of inside like the usual restaurant locations.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Loved Wheeler's Cafe. Was a regular patron of JAxsons on the blvd in St Pete Beach. Family owned and operated, Wheeler's offers good food, home made ice cream in a down-home atmosphere. Very busy the day we stopped but still given great service by the young people serving us. Will return soon.

1  Thank SANDI W
Reviewed 15 April 2014

great place to sample some good southern cooking, great daily specials, wonderful steaks on Friday nights, homemade pies 'to die for'. I have NEVER had any processed or 'canned' food at Wheeler's and I've lived here forever. Nope, there are no chandeliers, no fancy silverware or china, it's kind of crowded and you will surely see a lot of 'locals' there, but the food is good and the service is usually good, too. the old, scratched tables and the shabby look is something we treasure from our past here in Arcadia. If you're looking for 'diner, precooked, run-of-the-mill' food, try Chili's.

2  Thank jwatsonarcadia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

All I can say is not only are their servers super sweet but you won't leave their place hungry and the food is great for the price!

1  Thank Kimberly C
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I'm calling shenanigans to any positive review of this café. There is no way that Wheelers café could get a good review. Very small restaurant that is sardine packed( must be locals or fools like me that read the reviews). Very dirty, Old nasty table that had years of scratches into the wood top that left bear wood. We got there about 11:00 am, saw that they served breakfast until 11:30. Thought we were golden. At 11:15 the waitress showed up for our drink order, 11:40 she came back to take our breakfast order. Our order arrived at 12:15. My wife had ordered the biscuits and gravy. I could tell by her look after she had the first bite that something was very wrong. Gravy was ice cold, I mean ice cold. As if they took it off the line at 11:30 and put it in the cooler to save for the next meal. Grits were the same way when I took a bite. They were congealed into that grotesque blob of crap when you leave them off the heat for a long time. We waited so long because of the reviews we read. My son's corned beef hash was the same way and out of a can. Either the cook puts everything for breakfast away at 11:30 or the cooks produce it on time but the wait staff is so bad that it sits around for 30 minutes. ( that's my theory) Which ever way it is, it shows a complete lack of respect to the customer. That's why I call the reviews B.S. Waiting an hour to get cold, nasty, processed food is absurd. Maybe there's a reason that the state mental hospital used to be in Arcadia. Don't waste your time even stopping at Wheelers. I would say don't waste your money but there was no way that I going to pay for the horrible service and even worse food in such a "landmark".

1  Thank Donald S