“Park was nice... and empty!”

Peace River Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arcadia
Peace River Campground
South Florida, Florida
“Park was nice... and empty!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My family went to PRC the week BEFORE 4th of July and it was empty! After our trip, I heard that this place is always packed but this was the perfect time to be there. There were about 10 other campers there and we were spaced out perfectly. We took an RV so we didn't have a bunch of 4-wheelers driving around our site near our stuff. We were close enough to the bathrooms, which were decent. Our dog pee'd on a blanket so we used the washer/dryer near the bathroom and all worked well. Good place to take the kids.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is at least our 6th or 7th time at Peace River Campground. A few years back we use to go with friends and rent a primitive site...tents and sleeping bags. That sort of thing. Now however, we meet up with a family member who has and RV and lots of toys (golf carts, ATVs, motorcycles, etc). We had a great time... visited over Labor weekend. My only complaint for this trip was how crowed it was - but I can't hold that against PRC, after all it was Labor Day weekend. My one recommendation would be to never go to PRC and rent a primitive site. The ATVers and motorcycle riders have taken over that part of the grounds. People ride hard and FAST from sunrise to sunset. While me and my group had a great time on all our toys, I can't imagine that the people we (and everyone else) were zooming by in tents enjoyed it as much.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jjbenitez
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My grandson and I looked forward to a tenting experience on the Peace River when we booked a fossil dig nearby. But the owners of this property rent four-wheelers to anybody old enough to drive one, and drive they do - all over the property. From 8:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m. you hear nothing but the noise from those vehicles, which have also torn up the landscape into barren ruts. And the one port-a-potty near our tent site was grossly over-full and stank to the heavens. We couldn't break camp fast enough in the morning. We'd never go back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank sbemley
Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This campground is a money hungry bunch. When your local friends have to pay $10.00 per person to visit you for a couple of hours you can forget seeing them. My son paid this fee to get in the campgrounds to visit friends for 2 hours. We reccommended the campground because it was close to us. However, we will not recommend them again because we are not paying a camping fee to visit. I will reccommend the Brownsville Park next time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
11 Thank sanfije
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia
#2 of 3 in Arcadia
Oak Park Inn
Oak Park Inn
#1 of 3 in Arcadia

Been to Peace River Campground? Share your experiences!