“http://cafeitalianopizzeria.com/”

Cuisines: Italian
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“http://cafeitalianopizzeria.com/”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Had soup there once - was DELICIOUS and homey and satisfying. Going back on May 19th - I'll give a review afterwards.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Snuzin

Sarasota, Florida
“Find somewhere else to eat”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We sat directly across from the kitchen door which was open allowing flies to bother us during our meal. There was a cockroach trying to run for it's life from the kitchen that the serving staff couldn't have missed, but instead of picking it up, they just walked over it about 5 times. The calzone looked good from the outside, but the meat within was sour and I ended up having mild food poisoning. The egglplant and pasta was extremely hot inside and overly mushy as well as the pasta in watered down red sauce. We should have known when we heard the microwave beep 2 minutes after receiving the calzone, that the eggplant that had just finished "cooking" in the microwave would be delivered to our table. The "glass" of pinot grigio was hardly a 4 oz pour and the yuengling draft was flat. We were looking for a great "local" restaurant to enjoy on our first trip to Arcadia, and believe us, you'd be better sticking with the chains than supporting this place! It was the worst $50 ever spent dining out.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank DogBlog
Massachusetts
“Not bad not great”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had a Saturday lunch here. While waiting to use the rest room I could see into part of the kitchen. A waitress was having difficulty with the ice machine and had her fingers digging out the cubes and scraping them into the glass (not a great first impression). The chicken parm. sandwich was 'fair' and my husband's soup de jour (a vegetable bean bread type) was 'slightly bitter due to the herbs' and he rated it 'fair'. The staff was very personable. We would not return.

• Visited January 2012
Port Orchard, Washington
“The calzone was so-o good!”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Arcadia offers four(4) blocks of antique shops. On the 4th Saturday of each month, antique vendors also fill the sidewalks of the downtown area. It is a fun shopping experience.
On the most recent 4th Saturday, my husband and I ate at Cafe Italiano. It was our first experience there. It was busy and smelled wonderful. My husband had a soup and 1/2 sandwich combo for around $7. His soup was good but he was not happy with the flavor of the 1/2 sandwich.
I had a ricotta/mozarella stuffed calzone served with a dipping sauce of marinara. Oh! It was large enough for two and really good. It was my first calzone and it has probably ruined me! Think ooey, gooey tasty. I fail to recall the price though I know it was under $12.
Service was mixed. It was good getting us seated and our orders taken. After that there was little follow up.
All in all, Arcadia is great and Cafe Italiano is worth repeat business.

• Visited March 2011