After a 300 mile trip, we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Arcadia, Florida at five o'clock, tired and anxious to settle in and then go out to eat. There were thunderstorms nearby and we were glad we just made it. My wife went to the counter to check-in, and to our dismay, we were told our room was not ready! Apparently, there had been a staff shortfall and rooms were slow to be cleaned that day. We were told that she would get someone right on it to clean the room, and could we wait in the small waiting area? My wife and I were quite surprised that this was the "plan" to have us wait. I insisted that she look at an alternative solution and provide us another room of comparable value and configuration. No one else was in line and it did not seem there were too many staying at the Holiday Inn Express based on the parking lot and empty lobby. After some hesitation with regard to the authority to "release" the room, we were finally accommodated with a different room. Now, we have traveled to many places and to many countries. I understand if you arrive early, the room may not be ready albeit oftentimes the rooms are ready earlier than check-in. However, with this place, we were taken aback at the lack of initial accommodation and aggressiveness to seek other arrangements and meet our needs. Anyone in hotel management certainly should know what to do. Nevertheless, we were there for two nights and the rest of our stay was excellent. I would like to compliment the staff member who set-up the breakfast each day. She was pleasant and attentive to our needs. The food was typical breakfast fare you would expect. I realize that there are not many accommodations in Arcadia, and this place is certainly the best of what's available. I would just recommend a robust training program be reviewed and implemented to make sure that "First Impressions" are immediately positive in nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Arcadia, FL ! Discover all that downtown Arcadia has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. Getting there has to be fast and convenient too. Only 50 miles from the South West Florida Regional Airport, Fort Myers Florida, you'll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Arcadia to do. Plus there is easy access to State Road 70 and State Road 31. Whether you're coming to Arcadia for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express is your personal retreat. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. You can take a dip in our pool, and relax. And when it's time to dine you can enjoy a dining adventure at one of our many local restaurants. We offer a business center, fitness room, outdoor pool, truck and RV parking. Complimentary Continental Breakfast.Complimentary high speed Internet access in all rooms. Wireless is available on first floor only. We are conveniently located just 50 miles from Ft. Myers Airport; Tampa Airport 80 mi; Sarasota Airport - 50 mi; Siesta Key - 55 mi; Port Charlotte - 25 mi; Okeechobee 65 mi. The best of Arcadia is waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Arcadia
- Holiday Inn Arcadia
- Arcadia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia Florida