“The pictures on Trip Advisor are way better than the reality” 2 of 5 bubbles

Knights Inn Arcadia
Knights Inn Arcadia
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Arcadia
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The pictures on Trip Advisor are way better than the reality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I organised 11 rooms at this motel and when we arrived found it was located in the middle of a really run down area with some really dodgy characters roaming around the place. We wer on Harleys so wer a bit nervous about what would be missing in the morning but to be fair all was good. The accommodation is really basic and very dated and to be fair tested most of us in terms of what we call acceptable. The pool was nice and clean and they have an outdoor area off the pool which was great for a quiet drink. Because of its location it is a long way from any half respectable dining so all in all we would not stay ther again however if all you are looking for is basic accommodation then it fits the bill.

Room Tip: Spend $10:00 more and stay at the Hampton Inn in the main part of town
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
christchurch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This motel was booked in advance and initial impressions were that it was old but on entering our rooms were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were good size, decorated well, clean and tidy. Comfortable bed, good bathroom, welcoming swimming pool and good guest laundry. On main road but no noise from the road. Handy to restaurants.
Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank traveller200972
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had read the reviews and was skeptical of booking because of the mix reviews but I call the hotel and there assure me that some of those bad reviews are false and guaranteed me that you will have a wonderful stay and I did and would recommend this place anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Istopher P
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

First, this place is a dump. Seriously, I have stayed in hotels, fine and budget all over the USA and Europe. This is by far the worst I've seen. Originally, it was listed as a Best Western. When we got to Arcadia (I'm a Floridian), we foud it was a Kight's Inn. No big deal. However, from the outside it looks like a rent-by-the hour place. I had a reservation, went in, got the key, and went to the room. The door was actually semi-off one of the hinges and had to be forced open. The non-smoking room smelled of stale, very stale smoke. The sheets looked somewhat used - in a genetic sort of way. There was a mini fridge - dirty. The bathroom - dirtier. We decided to go to a local store outside of town and luckily found another real hotel. We went back to the Knight's Inn and promptly tried to cancel the room - again stating our dissatisfaction with it. The employee basically told us - too bad. Luckily our credit card company had no problem reversing the charges. For a $76 per night rate, the decimal needs to be between the 7 and the 6. Oh, it was also in a pretty slummy area of town.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank centralia f
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The pictures are deceiving. Don't take your shoes off. It is not located in a good part of town. The hotel is old and needs remodeling. It was not clean. I will not stay here again and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were in Arcadia for a paddle sport meeting at Canoe Outpost and had to have a place to stay. The Knights Inn was perfect. A very short distance from the Outpost, the historic district and restaurants. The inn itself was clean and the folks who ran it very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are updated and have micro fridge and microwave. I agree with one of the other posts...great on a budget! We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Elisabeth M
Hellfire Corner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I pre-booked this hotel for a week and got a really good price, so I wasn't expecting too much, especially as there was a predictable mix of reviews here. Furthermore, a friend there was concerned that the area was the hangout of undesirables. Arcadia is a cattle and citrus town, not a glitzy resort, and if there is a less desirable area it isn't a huge contrast from the better bits, so any such concerns should be viewed in context. I have never previously had any worries.

I arrived in the evening, tired, to a friendly welcome and two cards for the room, which was on the second row, further from the road.

I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was comfortable, the towels were in good supply and the shower roomy. Pleased to see a coffee maker, I was delighted to find also a 'fridge and a microwave. More utilitarian additions such as hair dryer, iron and ironing board were all there. Everything worked, except one bulb in one of the bedside lights and the plug in the sink didn't unplug as well as it ought, but these were trivial demerits.

The spacious room couldn't have offered me a great deal more, other than a better internet connection, which was suffering when I was there. This was due to changes made recently and due to be sorted out, albeit not in the next few days. I couldn't blame the hotel staff for the failings of the internet provider, although it was a little disappointing. McBurger joints locally answered that problem, of course, but I would advise anyone who really must have it to check with the hotel on progress if intending to stay there very soon. I expect it all came back the minute I left...

The daily cleaning was efficient. The rooms are starting to get a little scruffy around the edges, so if you want Plush, you might want to look elsewhere. The continental breakfast, available in the lobby, is included in the price & useful if one needs a little something before getting on the road. Typically cereals, bagel, coffee. I didn't try the swimming pool.

When I managed to check out and leave my mobile and charger behind, stupidly, it was waiting for me when I returned two hours later; I almost didn't need to get out of the car. Great service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ChampChump7bc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia
PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#4 of 7 in Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte

Been to Knights Inn Arcadia? Share your experiences!