“Oh my goodness!”

Jack Frost
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Astor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

The 1st time went I ordered a banana split.....it was HUGE! Two of us couldn't finish and boy did we try. That was one very scrumptious dessert. We've been back several times and will continue going. Prices are good and the portions are BIG!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

This is one of those "side of the road" places that just pop up. It;s in the Ocala forest between Ocala & Ormond Beach, nearly halfway. Just great burgers, o rings & fries! Not fancy, just good. And the ice cream is super! Great value, friendly people.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I live in Astor, and like many others in our little town, I frequent the same local restaurants and have my favorites. Jack Frost has really great burgers. The meat is pattied every day and the freshness is what makes these hamburgers stand out. It is now my favorite local burger. I have visited the restaurant twice, both times ordering cheeseburgers, fries and milkshakes.I took away one star in the food rating because the fries are of the average frozen variety. They are edible but, fresh-cut would compliment the burgers greatly. The milkshakes are good too. I've tried chocolate and peanut butter.

They only have outdoor seating. Both of my visits were carry out so I cannot speak of the atmosphere. Service was very quick, staff friendly.

As an Astor local, I get asked nearly everyday for restaurant suggestions and I will not hesitate to recommend Jack Frost.

1  Thank OnAboatInAstor
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Jack Frost is a small ice cream and sandwich shop located on Highway 4o on Astor Park. I can't remember their exact hours, but I think they open at 11am Wednesday through Sunday. I LOVE their Maple Walnut Sundaes! Everything my family gets is very good. I have never tried their sandwiches (cant seem to resist the ice cream) but they look delicious.