We've had dinner previously at Azurea, the hotel's restaurant (and loved it!) but this was the first time we stayed there. I wanted someplace nearby to celebrate my birthday (we live about an hour away in St. Augustine), and One Ocean was my choice. We had a lovely room on the 8th floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The hotel charges a $25 resort fee that includes unlimited snacks (such as multigrain chips, Goldfish, candy, granola, etc.), and soda, still and sparkling water for your room refrigerator . There is a "One Touch" button on the phone that connects you to your personal room concierge 24/7. Our bellman pointed out that there was no coffee maker in the room because the hotel feels that guests should not have to do anything during their stay except have fun. So a quick press of the "One Touch" button in the morning and our coffee was delivered to our room (no additional charge - part of the resort fee). You'll see in the photo of the bathroom that it was compact but actually worked better for us than some larger ones. The vanity had two deep drawers for storage, and I was able to fit all my face & body treatments in one! I had an 80 minute classic massage in the spa the afternoon we arrived and it was heavenly! Cassandra was my massage therapist and she was great. In the course of the massage, she put heated packs on my back, the back of my neck and feet. Heaven! Plus my robe was warmed on a towel heater so it was nice and toasty when the massage was over. The spa has a wonderful relaxation room with floor to ceiling windows that look out on the ocean. There are comfy upholstered chaise lounges with blankets at the foot to enjoy and chill out. They offer a variety of teas, water, cookies, fruit and granola to munch while you relax. The whirlpool spa in the ladies' locker room was nice and warm without being overly hot. However, they also offer towels kept in a bowl of ice should you overheat. There is a steam shower and a regular shower, plus disposable brushes, combs, razors, shower gel, face cleanser, body lotion, fluffy towels, etc. After a relaxing afternoon, we then had another fabulous dinner at Azurea in the hotel. My husband and I travel extensively, so we know a great place when we find one. Please ignore any negative reviews - I don't know where those folks stayed, but it wasn't here! Don't miss this gem in Atlantic Beach. Additionally, there are cute shops, bars and restaurants around the hotel to enjoy during your stay. And don't miss a walk on the beach at your doorstep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Oceanfront splendor with luxury accommodations and intuitive service at our Florida vacation resort. The artful getaway is situated on the sweeping white sands and rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic Beach, minutes from Jacksonville. Enjoy award-winning cuisine with ocean views at our Azurea Restaurant. Toast to an unforgettable evening with an ocean inspired cocktails, delicious martini or mixed drinks at our Azurea Lounge. Rejuvenate your body and spirit at The Spa at One Ocean. The luxury oceanfront resort luring guests in with its cobblestone streets featuring an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, art galleries, ice-cream parlors and nightlife options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your One Ocean Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ocean Resort
- One Ocean Hotel Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Resort & Spa Atlantic Beach, Florida