The people were friendly. The spa was awesome! The handcrafted cocktails delish. But what a disappointment in the room! First, we could not shut the bathroom door - the frame was visibly dented. Not that big of a deal but definitely inconvenient. We quickly discovered the "one touch" phone service for the "resort amenities" did not work for all 3 days we were staying at the hotel! Again, inconvenient as we had to call via our cell phone, until checkout. Then, even the main # would work. And no one seemed to care! We brought this issue up every day of our stay but the staff was very nonchalant. They could care less. Thus, the resort fee was a total waste. No coffee, valet or bellhop service from our hotel phone. My key did not work despite going to get a new one. Again, just inconvenient. What was unforgivable in my opinion, was the fact that our in room alarm clock went off in the middle of the night. We just wanted a good nights sleep and the idea that the maids did not check the alarm clock prove there was no attention to detail. This is my biggest pet peeve in any hotel.why do they never check the alarm? Way too pricey for this colossal mistake. View was of parking lot - a little ocean (different than what I expected from the hotel description.) they need to get focused on all the details - they have the potential of being a nice hotel. Charge more for the location of the hotel but don't charge us as a resort if you can't provide the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Oceanfront splendor with luxury accommodations and intuitive service at our Florida vacation resort. The artful getaway is situated on the sweeping white sands and rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic Beach, minutes from Jacksonville. Enjoy award-winning cuisine with ocean views at our Azurea Restaurant. Toast to an unforgettable evening with an ocean inspired cocktails, delicious martini or mixed drinks at our Azurea Lounge. Rejuvenate your body and spirit at The Spa at One Ocean. The luxury oceanfront resort luring guests in with its cobblestone streets featuring an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, art galleries, ice-cream parlors and nightlife options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your One Ocean Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ocean Resort
- One Ocean Hotel Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Resort & Spa Atlantic Beach, Florida