Overall we had a great stay. We chose an oceanfront room with a balcony for the 4th of July holiday and were pleased with the choice. It was well worth the extra money for that beautiful view. All in all we had a very relaxing trip. I was, however, terribly disappointed with the entire beach setup. First, as mentioned in other reviews, there is a charge each chair and umbrella which makes that lack of service even more disappointing. For some reason, they don't set up the chairs ahead of time as I am used to seeing at other resorts; they wait for you to come down then drag the chairs out individually and set them up. This means that anybody from around town can come and post up taking the prime beach real estate. It also means that you sit there and wait while they are either helping those ahead of you or setting up your chairs (on the worst day I waited 20 minutes and there was only on group being set up ahead of me). They don't offer any type of beach service (drinks, adjusting umbrellas and chairs, etc.); once they drag your chairs out to the beach you are on your own. At one point I had asked for a couple of towels and was instructed to walk myself up to the pool house to get them. For the price of the rooms and an establishment that boasts excellent service I found this all odd. In addition to that, it seemed that they rent umbrellas and chairs to non-hotel guests as I was asked whether I was a guest of the hotel or would be paying cash. This was frustrating because we were unable to get an umbrella one of the days. If I return I will bring my own chairs, umbrella, and a cooler and will be much happier. Other than the beach the staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Oceanfront splendor with luxury accommodations and intuitive service at our Florida vacation resort. The artful getaway is situated on the sweeping white sands and rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic Beach, minutes from Jacksonville. Enjoy award-winning cuisine with ocean views at our Azurea Restaurant. Toast to an unforgettable evening with an ocean inspired cocktails, delicious martini or mixed drinks at our Azurea Lounge. Rejuvenate your body and spirit at The Spa at One Ocean. The luxury oceanfront resort luring guests in with its cobblestone streets featuring an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, art galleries, ice-cream parlors and nightlife options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your One Ocean Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ocean Resort
- One Ocean Hotel Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Atlantic Beach
- One Ocean Resort & Spa Atlantic Beach, Florida