“Beachy local spot...Killer burgers...cool inside out dining...Casual and fun”
Review of Poe's Tavern

Poe's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Local gal....favorite spot for lunch....sit outside. Big garage doors open the in to the outside. Great service and great burgers. Nice selection of local beers on draft!! Oh and the fries! Hand cut and made to order. Even the side salads are perfect. Fresh greens and veggies. They pay attention to detail. Only complaint is the menus need to be replaced with new ones. Too many grease spots from fries. :).

There are newer reviews for Poe's Tavern

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We waited 45 minutes for a table. Once finally seated our server told us she was leaving. We didn't see our new server for nearly 15 minutes. My boyfriend ordered us drinks from the bar while we waited. When the new server came, she told us it was going to take an hour for the food to come out because the kitchen was running slow. Had we not waited so long for the table we would have left. We shoud have left. We ordered chips and salsa while we waited. It was puco de gallo, which... let's be honest... is not the same. When the food finally arrived it was okay. Not worth the hassle though. The ambience is nice for having drinks, but not suited for eating burgers and sandwiches. Filthy, sticky, gross menus.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I’ve eaten at Poe’s a couple of times recently when I happened to be around the area and really like the place. It’s basically burger joint meets steak house, with some Tilted Kilt thrown in. Located a couple of hundred yards from the beach, they’ve got picnic tables out front near the sidewalk, a covered patio next to that, and inside dining in a pub type setting with lots of dark wood and pictures of EA Poe on the wall. It is all very nicely done, but the prices are within reason and location appropriate. They mostly have burgers and beer, but also some higher end items. Each of their sandwiches can be served either with a beef hamburger or chicken breast, but what I like the most is the large portion of crispy fried “onion strings” you can order for a buck more. Heck, I'd be happy just having an order of those for lunch and might even make a special trip. The next time we’re up there I’m sure we’ll stop back in.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I like the menu and the food. Again, if you eat inside, it's rather dark and very noisy-- eat outside.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've been here several times and have sat at the bar almost every time. The burgers are great and the beer is always cold. Whenever I'm in Atlantic Beach, I would definitely pick this place over M Shack which is down a couple stores.