“Nice atmosphere, good food.”
Review of Poe's Tavern

Poe's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I wanted to stop here just because I'm a fan of Edgar A. An open air covered patio protected us from the rain, but still gave us an eating-outside feeling. The burgers are very excellent and my connoisseur girlfriend rated hers as tops for the Jacksonville area. Very juicy, be sure to get extra napkins in advance. We liked the place and will return.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went here with some friends from work and was really excited to try it out. I really liked the big open front doors that gave the restaurant a very casual feeling. The service was friendly but I was slightly disappointed with my hamburger. Not very tasty or juicy. Fries where eh, not crispy. Would I go back and give them a second try? Sure. But if I want a burger I know is going to be fantastic I'll head over to MShack. One minor thing - the a/c vents on the ceiling drip water on your head, food, table, or whatever is under them nonstop. I know we're in Florida by the beach but it gets annoying.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service was a little slow but it was very busy. Had the tuna tacos and the nachos were great! Very casual place with a nice atmosphere!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This spacious, lively restaurant focuses on well-crafted burgers and fish tacos. The energetic young staff does a great job, and the atmosphere is fun. The burgers are all named after Poe stories, and they're freshly made and prepared to order. Piles of perfect fries (white or sweet potato) accompany your huge burger. It can get loud at prime time, but that's half the fun. If there's a wait they'll text you when your table is ready so you can wander around town or relax on a sidewalk bench and do a little beach-people watching.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the Rue Morgue burger and it was so delicious. It is a burger on top of fries that is covered in queso and has a fried egg on top. It sounds heavy, and it is, but it is one of the best things I've ever ordered. Also had the nachos, which were just as fantastic. Poe's has great drinks too at very reasonable prices.