“Looks good, but dissapointed...”

Econo Lodge Mayport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Looks good, but dissapointed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel pics look great, price excellent, folks at front desk are nice. Once in room, it looked good, but found several flaws after setting in. Tub had faucet that could not control water temperature. After about 5 minutes of working it and turning left and right, I was able to get a good temperature to take a shower. The toilet was leaking water somewhere. The refrigerator was frozen and noisy. I might try it again if they take care of these issues.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alrivera01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

The Comfort Inn Mayport is now the Quality Inn Mayport. With the change in name came a renovation of the reception area, and the breakfast room. In fact, the breakfast is nice, and the tables, chairs, and space for breakfast are just fine. The staff and the reception area are great. BUT, the rooms. OMG Even with the change in name and reported renovations, things have just gone down hill. The room I rented recently had: very badly rusted lamps, old and spotted bed covering, bad chemical smell that might have been from the carpet, broken toilet paper holders, loosely attached shower fixture, and a cockroach. Housekeeping could not keep straight what they were doing with the coffee (all I got was decaf, and no replacement condiments which meant I was out of creamer and drank my coffee black). The sheet on the bed had been 'burnt' (?) or melted by an iron such that it was not smooth, but rather puckered and weird. The blanket was old. Clearly this room could do with a renovation, and whatever renovations happened when Quality Inn took over Comfort Inn, they were not enough. OK, well, the toilet worked and the bed's mattress was good. But the keypad on the phone did not work, and well ... that cockroach kept me wondering what would happen next.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

This was an average hotel, and one of only 2 in Mayport. Super close to the Naval Station, and many stores, restaurants, etc. About a 10 minute drive to the beach. The room was adequate, and they serve a free breakfast in the morning.

I did have an issue can't remember what it was, but I DO remember that the night manager was really awesome and went out of her way to help me resolve it.

The only real issue I had was that the wifi apparently does not really work if you are on one of the inside rooms, and is spotty in other areas. I have to have internet for work, so have not returned to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
WOODLYNNE N.J.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

very close to navy base, and the beech. my cousins live in atlantic beech, we went to visit. the manager was very freindly, as well as the girls, that clean the rooms. i would go back there in a minute.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Stayed last night, 7-23-2011. Despite signage near the front desk "This is a NON SMOKING FACILITY." the lobby smelled like a giant ash tray. Sheets stained, and towels also smelled of old cigarette smoke. Young, unprofessional (lacked uniforms, though not tattoos or piercings) staff. Several were around the lobby's public computer actually laughing at online reviews. Hope they -and their manager- read mine. Best Western and Holiday Inn Express are both less than a mile away. A few more bucks, but worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Palmetto, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here last year Dec 2011 when it was still the Comfort Inn. We like staying here because it is close to the Mayport Navy base where our son is stationed, and also because it has adjoining room that we must have because we travel with our grandchildren.
This time was totally different! When I called and booked the room I was told that it was no longer the Comfort Inn, it was now the Quality Inn. I was also told that they had several upgrades since our last visit and was assured that our stay would be just as nice as our last one was!!! WRONG!!!! When we arrived and went to our rooms, the smell of mold and a musty smell was horrible. The refrigerator needed to be defrosted as the dorr would hardly close, the bathroom floor had not been swept,, dead bugs on the fllor and spider webs on the fllor connected to shower curtain. I went up to the front desk and ask if something could be done about the smell. She gave me some Fabreeze so I could spray the room. I sprayed the room and we left and went to dinner hoping when we returned the smell would be gone. WRONG AGAIN!! We just thought that maybe we needed to give it a little more time, so we started unpacking, I pulled the chair out from the desk and it was completely covered in MOLD. I went back to the front desk and asked for the chair to be removed from the room as we felt that this was where the smell was from. The lady at the front desk offered me gloves to move the chair, then she told me that she would like to come and see for herself and she would remove the chair. She told me that she was embarrassed about the whole sitituation and was making notes for our room to be cleaned really good the next morning. I told her that our sons ship was coming in from deployment and we would be gone most of the day so that would be great. When we returned that afternoon, the SMELL was still there and the bed had been made and towels changed out but that is all that was done! Floor not vaccuumed, bugs and spider webs in bathroom floor still there, frig was not touched. Back to the front desk once again, and was told housekeepers had left for the day. The manager offered to move me to another room, but it would not be an adjoining room. I told him that we could not be moved unless we had two rooms that adjoined. He said he would sent the maintenance guy to the room to look at the problems and clean the mold. When he got there he was surprised that there was so much mold in the room, around the doors, headboard of the bed, lamp shades, etc....he also changed out our refrigerator, because the ice buildup was so bad that the door could hardly close. I was given one night free for my troubles and 4 free drinks at the Pub next door. The manager just didn't seem very concerned to me...he just wanted me out of the lobby as there were other guests checking in! Really wished I had taken pictures of everything!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

I stayed here with my 2 sons (both under 10 years) and felt safe. The room was clean. The AC needs to be serviced but cooled the room well enough if kept on high. The boys loved the pool and its only a few miles to the beach. There is also a Catholic Church right across the street which made it very convenient to attend Mass. I will stay here again and am bringing my husband and other son along next time. For the price you can't beat it!

• Stayed May 2011
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,414 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Mayport? Share your experiences!