“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

As an English person who has never been to Philadelphia I can't say I have had a "true" philli cheese steak but the ones me and my fellow crew had whilst here on a ship have been fantastic and everyone onboard is talking about how good they are!

1  Thank Fiona P

Reviewed 9 July 2013

All the good things are true about the food REAL Philly Cheese-steaks! Bottom line like being in a south Philly or NE City Strip Joint. Not a want to be but the real deal. Real folks real food and good eats. this place is not "nice" just plain and simple down home Philly.

Good value great quality. We live @ an hour away and when in Mayport Area we always go!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My wife purchased a Groupon for this establishment and we have to say that was money well spent! Unfortunately Bongiorno's is easily missed if you're traveling down the historic A1A in FL near the Mayport Naval Base...it's a little "hole in the wall" type of restaurant that seems to almost want to be a secret spot for it's patrons. However, if you discover this little place, you'll find that they have some top choice cheesesteaks and a great selection of local beers. To be clear, they have other food options as well. We stopped here on the way to the beach recently and the food and the service are really top notch. The wait staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The only complaint we would have (and it's not even really a "complaint") was that the prices were a little high...but isn't everything nowadays? A full size Philly will set you back a bit, and it's the ONLY reason we didn't rate them a 5, but it's a BIG hoagie and easily shared by two adults. Based on our experience my family will definitely find our way back to this little gem because it was clear to us after the first visit that they take pride in their food and their service.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

If you want a real Philly Cheesesteak Sub, this is the best I've found down here. They know what they're doing, & their other sandwiches are very good too.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

we went for food plain and simple. Being that Im on a gluten free diet(not by choice) I often get strange looks when I order a philly steak over a bed of fries.
The portions are great, the food looks awesome when they bring it to the table I cant say enough good stuff about them.