“Good food but management seems to need some work”

Two Dudes Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh Seafood at it's best. Also featuring burgers, tacos, salads, and homemade desserts. Everything's made from scratch including the sauces and dressing.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and 2 of our friends decided to check this place out. Our food was pretty good, I ordered grouper tacos as recommended by our waitress. The tacos while good were very difficult to eat. One of my friend's (who is a big seafood eater) ordered shrimp which she insists was not fresh and must have been frozen yet said they were edible and not too bad. I felt extremely bad for the waitresses. There is no hostess or buss boy. The waitresses were running around practically drenched in sweat. Being that the place was packed you would think the cooks in the back might have some sympathy. I heard the bell being smacked 10 times or so within a matter of seconds as to summon the waitresses. Then I heard shouting and witnessed waitresses dashing off practically in tears. Bottom line is this place appeared hostile and made us feel uneasy. They do not capture the laid back vibe I think they are going for.

1  Thank Emily R

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch. It is awesome little hole in the wall place. Great food, great service. I would highly recommend this place for sea food.

1  Thank jback1131
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband and I went for lunch one day, and I took the kids a few days later again for lunch. Loved this place for the quality and value. The kids loved the generous portion of fish and chips for $7. They have great homemade sauces. Service was attentive. The waitress was knowledgeable about the fresh fish options and was able to make an informed recommendation. We also had a sampler plate for $27 that was big enough to share with the best fried shrimp we'd ever had and some wonderful blackened grouper. The only things I didn't like was the price for a bowl of grilled veggies. With a meal at $7, I though $5 for a side was a little too much. And my husband and I split a giant piece of chocolate cake. It was a little stale and dry, but the icing was yummy. Overall, I was delighted with the service, the ambiance and the food. Highly recommend it over other maybe overpriced area seafood restaurants.

1  Thank melindasue6
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We failed to make reservations for the weekend of Memorial Day for dinner so we ended up going here by default. We were immediately greeted and given a cozy table. We ordered Catch of the Day Fish Tacos and they were perfect! The cole slaw is the best I have ever had with a hint of wasabi!
The only down side was the beer was not super cold the way I like it and as the volume of diners talking went up the volume of the music played went up.
I would have given Two Dudes and Excellent rating if the beer had been icy and the music not so loud!
But try the place! It's great!

2  Thank Bookwoman44
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I drove by Two Dudes for more than a year before we stopped in for dinner one evening. They took our reservations and we had no problem being seated when we arrived even though they were quite busy. The place is bigger than I realized, but still pretty cozy and the atmosphere is surf-beachy. The food is better than expected though! Fish tastes fresh ( as it should ) as do the veggies and everything else we ordered. Good ingredients, good cooking, moderately priced, casual ambiance. The wait staff is quick and they're really never out of your sight, the place being of modest size. A wave of your hand always brings them over. If you, like us, favor one-of-a-kind dining experiences over the national chains, try this place in Atlantic Beach, I think you'll like it.

1  Thank Daniel K