“Awesome atmosphere quality food”

Royal Palm Village Wine & Tapas
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a locally owned and operated new concept in Retail as well as Dining. We offer over 1200 bottles of fine wine at retail pricing. We are happy to serve any bottle in house w/ a small corkage fee, perfectly paired with our Chef’s creative tapas. With over 200 bottles and 15 rotating drafts of micro-brew beers to choose from, you are certain to please your palate.
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had noticed this place but never stopped in. Some great friends of ours had their wedding reception there, which gave us a chance to check it out. I can't say enough about how glad I am that they did!! The beer selection is huge, with both a unique variety on tap and a huge selection in coolers along the wall. Other folks at the reception raved about the wines. The food, however, was the highlight of the evening. Usually the stuff put out at wedding receptions ranges from bad to ok. Their platters felt and tasted more like individually prepared chef quality meals than catered table fare. Excellent ingredients, perfectly cooked and seasoned. We will definately be back. The staff was friendly and very knowledgable of the beers on tap, and when we killed a keg of a particularly good one gave great recommendations for a substitute that was just as good if not better.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you are looking for a fun place to have a few glasses of wine and some great food this is it! Very relaxed atmosphere, the food is great. Enjoy!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have lived in Jacksonville for over 10 years. When my husband asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday, I said Royal. They have the best wines at great prices (I always end up taking some home). The menu changes all the time, so it is like a new restaurant all the time. I found out that the reason that the menu changes is because they shop at local farmer's markets, so everything is fresh. The atmosphere is my favorite: an upscale tapas restaurant in a wine shop. They give great cases prices too for nice wines. I'm throwing a NYE party and ordering my midnight toast champagne from Royal Palm.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Let me first off state I have been here multiple times and the food is overall good. The last two times I have been there however, I have come away disappointed.
1st disappointment I ordered the lamb sliders which taste fine, but I had a big piece of plastic still around my slider. I did not complain, but the waitress saw what happened and removed the item from my bill. Everything was fine and I was happy to return again. However, the more I thought about it afterwards I was like I just ordered prepackaged jimmy dean sausage on a small roll...nothing really gourmet about that.
2nd disappointment is I ordered the U-10 scallops for 12 dollars. When the scallops came out there was exactly 2 scallops on my plate that were a little smaller than quarters with a few bacon bits. I understand tapas is small, but that is ridiculous 6 dollars a scallop. First off I thought U-10 meant something like 10 or less per pound in size...so they should have been bigger. I called the waiter over and said is this right I ordered the meal U-10 is this correct? He looked at me dead serious and said the price of scallops has gone up so this is the market price for two scallops. I feel as a restaurant if the price of an item has gone up and you are marketing at a certain price you should of let me know when I ordered the food that I would only be getting 2 scallops. Or better yet put market price on your menus instead. I wish I took a picture. I guess I could of said something further, but I really felt like thought serving that was perfectly acceptable.
This isn’t about the price specifically, however it is about value. We usually get a glass of wine each, split a few tapas and then we buy beer and wine to take home. I was so disappointed in the scallops I opted not to buy my beer and wine there and went across the street to ABC to make our purchase.
Maybe I am nitpicking and will probably try again, but I just think they need to take a look at their menu and adjust a few things.

5  Thank lori77h
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love oysters and their oysters Rockefeller are different in a very good way. They use home grown kale instead of spinach which adds a crunchy taste to the overall experience. I've tried at least a dozen of the tapas and they are consistently served hot/cold and delicious. I would highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Glenn H