“((Detailed)) Review For Travelers Or New To The Area!”

OHANA Hawaiian Shaved Ice
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When I say detailed, I mean about the location, building, & shaved ice. I have never tried any of other mixed drinks ( non alcoholic), products sold, or food items on the menu! Just the shaved Ice!

Now, I know a GPS will give you exact location and all that jazz, but I want to tell you a little about the area. Ohana Hawaiian Shaved Ice is located in a small strip mall. In the strip mall there is a nail salon and a few other "mom and pop" shops. VERY EASY TO MISS Ohana Hawaiian Shaved Ice. The sign doesn't say " Ohana Hawaiian Shaved Ice"... it just says "SHAVED ICE" and the sign is upright in the air, but easy to miss if you aren't too familiar with the area. Just a heads up- Keep an eye peeled! The area is touristy and when you arrive you will see a lot of bike riders, people in bathing suites especially in spring and summer time! The parking lot is small and fills up fast! This little area is totally in need of a upgrade, parking lot especially! But, there is a handicap ramp to get to Ohana which is awesome- had our little on in tow with her stroller. Outside of Ohana there is a nice place to sit and enjoy the shaved ice... I would say the area is a good size for one average sized family.

The inside of Ohana Hawaiian Saved Ice is pleasant. It's decorative and festive for the summertime and they sell candies and snacks past the register area. Grab and go stuff like chips and bottled drinks...rock candy suckers and such. There is a public restroom, but it is for men and women to share. Not sure if it is handicap assessable or if it has a changing table, you may want to call ahead about that if you plan on eating it. I've gone twice and both were quick trips so we were in and out, but I will mention the facility is small and the sitting is super limited. We had to sit on a bench next to the restroom to enjoy our shaved ice. The staff is younger and polite. I mean it would be an awesome part time job\ in high school/college, at that age especially close to the beach! Very convenient to the small town center/ocean with just a quick U-Turn ( U-Turns everywhere here).

My husband, daughter, and myself will keep going because the shaved ice is SO GOOD- the flavors I recommend are pineapple, p. colada, and bubblegum. (with the bubblegum be prepared for you whole mouth to turn bright BLUE lol). With all the frozen yogurt stops around there it's nice to have shaved ice. so check it out!! I guess we will eventually be trying the crab cakes they sell! Everyone raves about them!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The main reason I go to Ohana's is for the crab cakes. Bhey are the BEST! Pick up a couple ($5 ea) and cut into bite-size pieces for gret appetizers.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Whenever I crave a cool treat and I'm in Atlantic Beach, this is the stop I make. Love all the flavors!!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Made a pit stop there on way to a soccer camp for my son, and it was a GREAT FIND!! The staff was friendly and down to earth!! Love Hawaiian Shaved ice! Thanks for helping me narrow down my pick from all those yummy flavors ...Exotic flavors ;)
(from Atlanta, GA).

1  Thank BeachLotus
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stopped by this place for shaved ice and ended up eating a wonderful meal! The owners are unbelievable , they came out and talked to us like we were family. The crab cakes are delicious and the owner Cindy makes her own soups every day! What a surprise to go into a place for a delicious shaved ice and discover a new, delicious place to eat!