“What a surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Auburndale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Went there after a day at Legoland, and were wondering what to expect from a hotel in Auburndale :-) But what a pleasant surprise! The hotel is located 15 minutes from Legoland.

The lobby is open, nice and clean, and has an aquarium that caught the attention of our kids aged 2 and 4. We were welcomed in a very hospitable way.

Our room #107 was next to the reception, on the ground floor. It was spacious and clean, with two large beds and a working table with a Dell computer! The bathroom was large and clean, and had a coffee maker! The wifi worked without problems.

Breakfast was simple, but we didn't miss anything. The waitress was as helpful as any mother, so we felt most welcome.

We recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area, especially those visiting Legoland Florida. The price was only 93 USD incl taxes and continental breakfast!

1  Thank KEGillesen
VanessaColburn, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Gilesen Family,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve your family on your trip to LEGOLAND Florida. We are enthused to hear your positive feedback. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff at (863) 551-3400. We hope you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Just wanted to Thank Michelle at the front desk for her kindness and service when we stayed at the hotel. Michelle and others went out of there way to help us. We were with famiy for a wedding and had a great time. The hotel staff is wonderful and guest satisifaction is there highest priority.... clean rooms nice area, whatelse could you ask for. Thanks again, Mary Kannenberg

Ms. Kannenberg,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We are enthused to hear positive feedback from our guests and hope the wedding was extraordinary. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (863) 551-3400. We welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at the Best Western in Aunburndale, FL after attending the Preview day at Legoland in Winter Haven. I wanted a hotel closer to Winter Haven but this hotel was only 15 minutes away. And MUCH nicer than the other options in Winter Haven.

We arrived at the hotel from the park very WET! The front desk agent was friendly and check in went quickly. Even though a mistake was made with our room, it was handled professionally. We were given a list of area resturants for dinner with a personal favorite. Upon returning to the hotel, tired and again WET for a tropical storm, we were greated with a smile and yummy cookies. The kids loved that.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Shower was nice with good pressure and hot water. I prefered a bath and was pleasently surprised with a hot bath in a tub that was nice enough to enjoy. The only thing, the bath liner was noisy and squeeked when you moved.

The only negitives were overshadowed by the positives. The water restrictor in the sink made it difficult to brush our teeth. The old style TV could have been upgraded. We heard at checkout most of the property was already converted. And the AC that is noisy and cuts on and off to cool the room as you get hot and cold is the industry standard. So, I wouldn't take anything off for that. What can you do?

Breakfast the next morning was served with a smile from the attendent who offered help in every way. She helped me through the waffle maker, offered to get some hotter water for my tea without me asking and offered trays as I carried food up to the room for the room for the others.

For the type of hotel it is, would recommend and give it the highest marks for it's staff and a VERY clean hotel in every aspect!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the flat panel TV's. You can't go wrong.

Greetings,

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Originally booked hotel by mistake through Booking.com (regret that), but the staff at this hotel was most helpful and fixed their errors. I am IMPRESSED with the staff, two in particular Tina from housekeeping and Antoinette from the front desk. I stayed for both business and personal . One evening I had my 15 month granddaughter, Tina was extremely helpful and kind helping me with elevator, breakfast and extra milk. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends, colleagues and family.

Room Tip: I had a room with a king bed and it was spacious. I was impressed with the computer provided by the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tammilee w
VanessaColburn, Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We are enthused to hear positive feedback from our guests. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (863) 551-3400. We welcome you to stay with us again.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Auburndale Inn & Suites

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here for one night since we had a sports event at the nearby Auburndale fields. The room was clean, and there was a Chili's restaurant across the street. Our GPS had trouble finding this site by the address but could find it by the name of the hotel. The pool was surprisingly small for the number of rooms in the hotel, and so was pretty crowded on the hot evening when we were there. However, the price was good for a clean and quiet room so we plan on staying here again in about a month.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank solarstar
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The hotel is perfectly located for soccer events at Lake Myrtle Park. The staff are courteous and extremely helpful. It was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I want to tell everyone that me and my brother and friend stayed here for 5 nites and 6 days. the hotel was spacious, clean. we are handicapped and the staff was wonderful to us. they went out of thier way to accomadate us, and help us. if I could give this hotel a 10 I would. i've stayed in a few hotels, none that was so clean. thank you housekeeping, front desk, and Manager. We will be back.
connie
kodak, Tn

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
VanessaColburn, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your visit to the Best Western Plus Auburndale Inn & Suites.

Your comments on our performance were most generous and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again the next time you are in Polk County, Florida. We look forward to your return.

Vanessa Colburn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!