“Great "local's place" you WANT to hit!!”

Smokin Jim's House of BBQ
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Auburndale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Awesome pulled pork sandwich and lovvvveeed that corn bread. You can get this kind of BBQ up here in New England. Service was excellent ( you know the type that calls everyone "hon" ). Just genuine people that take a LOT of pride in serving good food. Glad I found I on trip advisor!!!

James R, Owner at Smokin Jim's House of BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Redsoxrule27 - Thanks so much for your great review. Great customers like you help get the word out that Smokin' Jim's BBQ is the best in the county. I hope to get to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Not fancy but great service and a welcome atmosphere. Great dry rub ribs that you can make as wet as you want or not. You won't leave hungry. Sides are huge.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I have been to Jim's for a few years now. I'm from Pa. but travel to Florida every winter and always hit Smokin Jim's. I always take some others with me and we always get the Feast for 5. Awesome every time. I'll be there again in a couple weeks and can't wait. Excellent food, nice people. Jim has it figured out right. One of my favorite places to eat in Florida. Save me a table, I'm on my way.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

If you're looking for something fancy, this ain't it. If you're looking for great food, a fabulous staff and a lively family atmosphere I highly recommend Smokin" Jim's.
"The Best Butt In Town"

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Neither my husband or I like "wet BBQ" , so Smokin Jims has the perfect ribs!! A full slab is HUGE!! They offer two different sauces, but we have never used either. Baked beans are the perfect side. When we had young children, we did our own "grilling" for July 4th. For the past 3 years, Smokin' Jim's has been our take-out for the holiday. Call an order ahead and it is ready within the stated time frame. Easy take-out window...quick and polite service. MAKE sure you call to ask holiday hours.

My husband and his father enjoyed a number of eat-in lunches here.
Looks can be deceiving...if eating in, just keep driving to the back. Plenty of parking.