Spent time at the Turnberry with two other couples for a golf/spa getaway during June. We've stayed before, the reception/checkin area was moved to two kiosks in the entryway which hopefully was a temporary move as it did not feel comfortable at check-in. There was a discrepancy in the golf package as one website noted the cart fee was included, the other website said the cart fee was $40. No big deal, my husband called before we arrived and was assured the fee was included. At check in this was not the case and the proper response would have been "no problem, I apologize for the error". It was awkward to say the least.
The spa was great as always. Dinner at Bourbon Steak was fabulous, I love the duck fat fries with varied dipping sauces. Appetizers, entrees and sides were all strong, but the desserts were not great...mine was a dry blueberry shortcake type thing with corn ice cream...not sweet at all, very savory for a dessert. Coffee served in individual french presses was a nice touch.
The resort's strength is how beautiful the physical location is. The arrival by the koi filled water features and the stone and marble builidings and walkways are accented by tropical landscaping that you don't see every day. The pools are lovely, one "adult" pool, one family pool with waterslide and lazy river. On the walk to the family pool you see the resort's edible garden which provides produce for the restaurants.
The building we were in closest to the family pool was ok, however the housekeeping was not up to the standards of prior visits...the mirror by the desk area was dirty, the wine glasses were spotty and the display cases in the hall leading to the elevators were dusty beyond belief. It would just take a housekeeping manager inspecting on an occasional basis to make sure the staff sees these details that need attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry Isle Miami is a tropical oasis with a culture of authenticity, spirited service, and enriching experiences. During your stay discover why we have been named one of the "World's Best Resorts" by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Explore 36-holes of championship golf and the elite Cañas Tennis center. Relax by the Cascata Pool or lounge at the Laguna Pool and journey down the 1,600-foot Lazy River. Rejuvenate at the Wellness Spa and Fitness Center, a Forbes Four-Star rated experience. Let your palette celebrate award-winning signature chef Michael Mina at BOURBON STEAK and the American-inspired CORSAIR kitchen & bar featuring lighter comfort food. Shop the neighboring Aventura Mall or access the beach via the resort's complimentary shuttle. An Autograph Collection Hotel, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida