“Summer getaway”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
Weston, Florida, United States
“Summer getaway”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Spent time at the Turnberry with two other couples for a golf/spa getaway during June. We've stayed before, the reception/checkin area was moved to two kiosks in the entryway which hopefully was a temporary move as it did not feel comfortable at check-in. There was a discrepancy in the golf package as one website noted the cart fee was included, the other website said the cart fee was $40. No big deal, my husband called before we arrived and was assured the fee was included. At check in this was not the case and the proper response would have been "no problem, I apologize for the error". It was awkward to say the least.

The spa was great as always. Dinner at Bourbon Steak was fabulous, I love the duck fat fries with varied dipping sauces. Appetizers, entrees and sides were all strong, but the desserts were not great...mine was a dry blueberry shortcake type thing with corn ice cream...not sweet at all, very savory for a dessert. Coffee served in individual french presses was a nice touch.

The resort's strength is how beautiful the physical location is. The arrival by the koi filled water features and the stone and marble builidings and walkways are accented by tropical landscaping that you don't see every day. The pools are lovely, one "adult" pool, one family pool with waterslide and lazy river. On the walk to the family pool you see the resort's edible garden which provides produce for the restaurants.

The building we were in closest to the family pool was ok, however the housekeeping was not up to the standards of prior visits...the mirror by the desk area was dirty, the wine glasses were spotty and the display cases in the hall leading to the elevators were dusty beyond belief. It would just take a housekeeping manager inspecting on an occasional basis to make sure the staff sees these details that need attention.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Samira G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
bel
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Beautiful resort, wonderful room. Location is safe but not close to the beach or action. Nice pools with a lazy river and water slide. Food and service was fine, you pay for it though. Did not golf at $285 a round, looked pretty good though.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband and I were amazed from the time our limo rolled up and dropped us off right until we checked out six days later with the hospitality of the staff! Our room was a corner room on the 4th floor, and it was very spacious and comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very elegant with double sinks and a vanity, seperate shower and seperate toilet area. There was a nice big closet - large enough for two people to hang their clothes. We met Britin from VIP services and she was just awesome! We have been all over the world, and the hospitality of the staff just incredible!! When we first got there, I called guest services to speak to them about a few items (I felt horrible calling as it pertained to me and specific needs and I didn't want to come across as a PIA) but they were so sweet and happy to accomodate me. :) We unpacked and went to Bourbon's Steak House and sat at the magnificant bar. OMG... UNREAL! We had a few martini's, couple of glasses of wine and tried their Hamburg Menu. Awesome! Saturday Night we went back to Bourbon's with a colleague and ate in the dining room. BEST STEAK EVER! We all got the Sirloin Strip. Many of the sides can be split they are quite big. Bring your wallet! But I have to say it has been one of the best places we have ever eaten. Everyday we had breakfast at the Cascita Grille. Again, very accommodating personnel that were eager to please and the food incredible! I have never ever seen every single staff person of a hotel wanting to please (and mean it). The hospitality was incredible! We had a wonderful resort package that included breakfast, valet parking and a $50.00 per night room credit. The first 3 days during the day we were not at the hotel as we were offsite, but we spent the last two days at the resort and it was awesome! The two pools were awesome. The golf courses just gorgeous! I did visit the spa and I had the BEST EVER MASSAGE that Britin helped me book--Britin is the best of the best! The spa was wonderful and the staff again, incredible. I have to say, one of the most exciting things I experienced was my daily visit with the little black kitty at Turnberry. She was spade and very well taken care of and so sweet! I will admit I found myself looking for her every day leaving milk for her. Hit of the trip!! Turnberry Isle, we had a wonderful vacation and hope to return!!!! Be proud of yourselves!

1 Thank Marlene M
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Training & Quality at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we helped to create a memorable vacation for you. It is such a treat to read your great review. We have shared your feedback with our team including the service professional who you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,
James Paul
Director of Training & Quality
Boston
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Played golf with family on Saturday. A bit expensive when renting three sets of clubs and shoes. But everyone was very helpful from pro shop to starter!
Room was big and clean. Beds were Very comfy. Lots of tv channels. Pillows were very comfy too and ther were four on the bed.
We were using points for our stay which maybe the reason we were over the laundry room door and were awoken at 6am to beep beep of a truck outside our room.
Pools were awesome! Main pool was open 24 hours...our last hotel's pools closed at dusk! So this was a really nice treat! Big pool had a nice lazy river and waterslide the kids loved. Chairs were comfy and set up in little groups so you did not feel like there were a ton of people there.
Dinner was outstanding! Breakfast was ok. Gets bottled up in the line. They have a chief cooking special order eggs and waffles. But then everyone stands there waiting for their food and you cant get to the food in front of him. I hate cutting in but had to to get to the bacon. We had some issues with our nonexistent waiter.
One of the nice things about the resort is that it is small or at least feels small. And although it was fairly booked we did not feel like it was crowded.
Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cancunvacation61
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The facility was great. More importantly, the staff make every possible effort to ensure that guests have a wonderful time. The shuttle driver, Craig, made sure that I took advantage of amenities at the shuttle stops. Since I was on a short business trip, I never would have thought to visit the resort's beach and clubhouse. Craig encouraged it. It was well worthwhile, transforming a work weekend into fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We went on a weekend cruise to the bahamas. We decided to stay a few more nights in Florida.Our travel agent suggested this resort. She found us a very good rate for 2 nights and an upgrade. This hotel reminds me of when we were visiting Monaco with all the million dollar cars parked in the driveway. The resort was amazing. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. There is a complimentry shuttle to a upper-class shopping mall that will appeal to everyone. There is also a complimentry shuttle to their private beach club. This beach club is amazing. A magnificent pool with luncheon inside or outside. The private beach is fabulous. Included is beach towels,pool towels and luxury lounge chairs at beach or pool.
The resort also has many pools, including slides that appeal to children. We were there to relax and we really did.
The only complaint was that the resort had told us that it would only be about $10 cab fee to go to Ft. lauderdale Airport. So, we did not arrange for our own transfer. It cost us $38--taxi,tax and tip. That was why we did not fly out of Miami. next time I will arrange it myself and find out the true cost.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have stayed here in the past and was very pleased with the hotel. However, i tried booking a stay with my family this year. We were quoted a rate on the phone, and then when we booked a later the prices were more than twice as high. Customer Service on the phone was snooty and not helpful. I will not return here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Training & Quality at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
We are disappointed to learn that you felt the quality of service while making a reservation was unhelpful. We are committed to service excellence and hope you'll give us an opportunity to learn from your experience. I have sent you a private message in hopes we may connect. Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,
James Paul
Director of Training & Quality
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!