“Excellent food, great service!”
Review of Luca Bella Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Luca Bella Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 191st Street
Reviewed 9 February 2014

In perusing Trip Advisor for a restaurant near the Adventura Arts & Cultural , we were fortunate to find Luca Bella in the NE corner of the Adventura Mall (near Publix.) We explained our time constraints as our party of twelve had tickets for an 8pm show, and chef/owner Mickey assigned the very friendly & competent Ashley, to serve only our table. We were off to a great start with chef Mickey's recommendation of a fresh mozzarella appetizer, which he actually made at our table and was better than had on a recent trip to Italy! Served family style by our excellent waitress with a small stack of tomatoe, fresh basil & sliced red onion drizzled with a balsamic reduction, this absolutely became a quick favorite among our group! Along with 2 full size platters of tender, fried calamari served with a sweet tomatoe sauce and a lovely salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, goat cheese & cranberries with a delicious dressing we knew we could look forward to some excellent entrees. Ten of us decided to share our meals family style while one couple ordered fish entrees - no proplem- all were served at the same time with ours being platted by an excellent staff. Chicken parmesan, veal Luca, rigatoni with broccoli rabe & sausage and gnocchi in meat sauce were enjoyed by all. Unfortunately, we had to skip dessert to get to the show ( not nearly as enjoyable as our dinner!) Our dining experience at Luca Bella has us all in agreement to make the 1/2 hr drive from Pompano Beach to leisurely partake of it's culinary delights again before we head back North. I have a feeling this will be a sure sop each year for our group of snowbirds. Oh, Did I mention the delicious drinks at happy hour??

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Went to Luca Bella today arriving just before 5pm when they open. Happy Hour 5-6. Walked inside since the door was open & sat in the waiting area. We were totally ignored by ALL staff. No one greeted us even to say that they would be able to take care of us shortly. We waited until AFTER 5 and they even started a staff meeting. Still not a single person said anything to us. We were looking forward to trying this restaurant since it was recommended by Tripadvisor and we were in the area. Luca Bella you lost a potential customer because I feel you prejudged us and were not dressed in our finest. We will not return!

Tony2717, Owner at Luca Bella Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello Lorriane,

My name is Mickey and I own and operate Luca Bella in Aventura. I apologize that my staff didn't see you waiting to be seated on Sunday evening. I know personally how frustrating that can be.

I came in on Sunday at 6pm but I recall seeing two people waiting in the lobby while watching the cameras from my home before I left.
I can only guess that no one noticed you as it's off to the side or perhaps they did see you and thought you were waiting for others to arrive as often happens before approaching the podium or bar. I'm only guessing at the reason as we live on our reputation for being friendly and gregarious to anyone that comes thru our doors. We are a causal, neighborhood restaurant and would not judge a new guest based on appearance. We strive to please all our guests and I take every situation like this as an opportunity to demonstrate my commitment to making things right.

Please accept my offer of a gift card as an apology. I want you to make it past the front door and try our fabulous food and excellent service.

Please contact me directly to make arrangements. See my contact info below.

I look forward to speaking with you soon. I cannot change the past but I can make sure we have a better future.

Thanks

C-516.567.3904
R-305.792.2222
Michael@lucabella.net

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Perfection in an old fashioned Italian restaurant. Great menu. Tremedous food. Very friendly service. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Yes, it's a bit loud. True, it's décor is blandly modernish darkly lit bluish whatever. No doubt, it's a bit pricey for what is essentially a "red sauce" Italian restaurant. However, the food is delicious. Wonderful sauces. Perfectly al dente (dry, not fresh) pasta. Huge -- and I mean HUGE -- portions. Divine chopped sirloin meatballs. On our recent trip to Miami, we went to Luca Bella twice in three days.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Enjoy a friendly family oriented restaurant with large portions and friendly service. Reservations can easily be made on open table.